By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spencer: Scorpio Isn’t Trying To Compete with High-End Rigs, It’ll Have Console Price Point

The most powerful console ever folks.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
celador said:

No way PS5 is fall 2018. That's around the time games like Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding will come out. 

Sony doesn't need to rush PS5 just because Scorpio will have a power advantage over it, PS4 will continue to sell great (much more than X1) and have a large install base regardless.

PS5 is fall 2019 at the earliest

Agreed. 

Fall 2019 at the latest. Only if PS is going for the "2020" console though.

Rob5VGC said:
The most powerful console ever folks.

But we were told it "doesn't exist" .

I imagine when it arrives on the scene, we'll be told on how it's power won't matter.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm not sure how I feel on this. This is a far cry from Phil's alleged claims of a premium price for a premium console. 6 Teraflops is plenty and what was promised with the Scorpio. However the way he speaks of price here compared to then makes me feel that Microsoft will be nerfing their CPU and memory from what they were planning internally in order to compete with the PS4 pro. Even if it's not Native 4k. The PS4 offers more rich content than the Xbox One. Also games like Death Stranding, Horizon Zero: Dawn, The Last of Us: Part II, and many others. Sony is on a role. DS and HZ looks stunning 4k and as far as Death Stranding is concerned. Kojima may bullshit a lot of things, but when it comes to performance. What you see is what you get. As far as I can remember his track record is pretty much perfect in that aspect.

Huh, I guess it does exist after all.

Give me four, five, six hundred, whatever, so long as it's an actual upgrade over the weak consoles we have right now.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Huh, I guess it does exist after all.

Give me four, five, six hundred, whatever, so long as it's an actual upgrade over the weak consoles we have right now.

Yeah, if we're going to go down the upgrading of consoles mid gen path then they should at least be big upgrades; not small. (Well as big of an upgrade as they can go without the console becoming overly expensive)

Good to hear, because the PS4 Pro, although well priced, definitely has a much faster GPU then anything else, and in the PC world thats a no-go as generally you want to make sure the system works well together to avoid bottlenecks.

Obviously its easier to work aorund bottlenecks on a console platform, since you can design you games around that build more closely, but it will still meen you aren't using all the resources you could.

Im super exciting, having a launch PS4 I am craving for something to use my 4k television in the console space. my pc is getting to old ^^ so the scorpio next year and an upgrade to my pc somewhere after, which is going to be good with the play anywhere deal microsoft has going.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Pretty much confirms to me a $399-$499 price tag. remember back in 2013 when people paid $499 for an inferior piece of hardware and if this time it's going to be superior hardware people will be happy to pay for it, When the Scorpio launches the Xbox One S will be $249 so an extra $200 for the Scorpio would be enough to be classed as that premium price Phil mentioned before.

WoodenPints said:
Pretty much confirms to me a $399-$499 price tag. remember back in 2013 when people paid $499 for an inferior piece of hardware and if this time it's going to be superior hardware people will be happy to pay for it, When the Scorpio launches the Xbox One S will be $249 so an extra $200 for the Scorpio would be enough to be classed as that premium price Phil mentioned before.

Gonna be interesting to see how people react, for 4 years the ps4 has been the better buy from a technical point if you want to play games on your television, if you bought a xbox you did it because you like the games better or the fact its a better media player.

Either way, how will people decide when next year the xbox for the first time this gen will have a significantly better console from a technical perspective, the extra memory and much faster GDDR5X memory will make more difference then the ps4pro did.

Im excited.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

More words still no action. I've heard all the balance talk before the XBox One came out. Then they started adjusting clock speeds. removing Kinect resources etc. Oh here it is http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-complete-xbox-one-interview Balance, balance and more balance.

Their marketing is on a tight balance rope. It's the most powerful, but not high-end rig prices! Anyway we'll see. 6tf next fall won't be that high anymore, time to start changing the tune and bring balance back.

As for the price, 6tf machine next fall won't cost more to make than pro does today. However MS also wants more memory and I guess they'll be sticking with 4K UHD drive. Plus they're stuck with the esram legacy from xbox one. New cpu and 499 is most likely.