By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Amazon increases Amazon Prime in Germany, from 49€ to 69€

vivster said:
Ruler said:

its not okay

Why not? I'm only using the free shipping, deals and Twitch Prime and I think that's worth a measely 70 bucks a year.

I'm not using Amazon Prime, and if I had to pay 79€ per year for what you're using it for, I would say it's not OK unless I bought a lot of stuff from Amazon. To me, it seems that there's exactly two ways Amazon Prime could offer good value to anyone: buying lots of stuff so you save on shipping, or consuming a lot of music/video through Amazon. This just increases the barrier for Amazon Prime to be worthwhile.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
vivster said:

Why not? I'm only using the free shipping, deals and Twitch Prime and I think that's worth a measely 70 bucks a year.

I'm not using Amazon Prime, and if I had to pay 79€ per year for what you're using it for, I would say it's not OK unless I bought a lot of stuff from Amazon. To me, it seems that there's exactly two ways Amazon Prime could offer good value to anyone: buying lots of stuff so you save on shipping, or consuming a lot of music/video through Amazon. This just increases the barrier for Amazon Prime to be worthwhile.

Through Twitch Prime alone I get 60€ of value in Twitch subs. Add to that the ingame goodies and yes I order a lot from amazon. This year alone I ordered 44 items. I do get quite a bit of value, also 69€ a year is nothing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Zkuq said:

Through Twitch Prime alone I get 60€ of value in Twitch subs. Add to that the ingame goodies and yes I order a lot from amazon. This year alone I ordered 44 items. I do get quite a bit of value, also 69€ a year is nothing.

Well, it's great if it's good for you. I just offered one one possible explanation why everyone might not see it like you. :)

Who cares what "everybody" thinks? What matters is the people who like what the product offers.
People for whom free Amazon shipping and streaming doesn't matter never had Prime in the first place.
If you aren't interested in those things, then the product literally was never meant for you, old price or new.
People for whom Prime is a good deal for ONLY the free shipping part probably still find it a good deal.

Incidentally, I was signed up to it only when offered a free 30 day trial membership.
I benefited from free shipping on one item, and caught up with some Doctor Who thru it.
I actually had a positive experience, because even though I missed the deadline for cancellation by a few days,
the company was gracious in refunding my charge (I hadn't used the service in the days since trial period passed).
That's a sign of a company confident in it's product appeal, who doesn't try to exploit those who don't want it.

Chris Hu said:
Still cheaper then its in the US and those shipping rate increases seem reasonable also. I'm pretty sure you qualify for free standard shipping if you spend a a certain amount. In the US you get free standard shipping if your order is over $49 dollars.

you dont get 20% of from new games in germany

Around the Network
vivster said:
Ruler said:

its not okay

I never saw a reason how it could benefit me, if its 30€ the shipping gets free anyways for new games. And they dont make shipping universally free, if you buy used games you always have to pay shipping

20€ price increase? That's a lot!