By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Deserves a second chance 164 69.79%

No second chances, bad boy knack. 71 30.21%

Total:235

the first was horrible and i dont trust the second will be better!

Why they dont producing Crash Bandicoot? it was much better let kanck die please!

It`s a Sony

Around the Network

This is a title I never expected to see a return of. Well, perhaps the 2nd time's the charm.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I dont understand the hate for Knack. Yes the first one wasnt very good, but it has potential and had some good co-op for kids to play with their parents etc. Sony just wants to add some cool games for younger gamers.

Also looking at that Knack 2 trailer it looks a big improvement in all aspects with a lot better co-op. I can see it being 70+ metacritic title and fun game to play with your children or friends.

Love how its fans are insisting that anyone who hates it hates it because they don't like the genre, or they don't like family games, or they're just biased for some reason or another, and can't appreciate the wonder that is Knack.

It's just not a good game. For any gamer over 8 years old, it's far too simplistic, and for most people under that age, it's too complicated. Generic beat em up sections and platforming that would have been dated if the game came back in 2000. The platforming not only doesn't reach the standards Mario Galaxy set in 2007, it doesn't reach the standards that Sly Cooper set in 2002, or even the standards that Crash 3 set in 1998.

Granted I only got about 3 chapters into it, but the game fails to excel in any area. At best, the game is average in certain regards, and it fails to reach that mark in most. Maybe the sequel will be better. There are a few franchises that had sucky first entries. But, based on the first game, people are perfectly justified in being completely unexcited.

Didn't know there were so many fans of Knack.

Around the Network

LMAO I had to bundle this junk and killzone to resell my PS4 at launch. The order 1886 with multiplayer will make more sense.

JWeinCom said:
Love how its fans are insisting that anyone who hates it hates it because they don't like the genre, or they don't like family games, or they're just biased for some reason or another, and can't appreciate the wonder that is Knack.

It's just not a good game. For any gamer over 8 years old, it's far too simplistic, and for most people under that age, it's too complicated. Generic beat em up sections and platforming that would have been dated if the game came back in 2000. The platforming not only doesn't reach the standards Mario Galaxy set in 2007, it doesn't reach the standards that Sly Cooper set in 2002, or even the standards that Crash 3 set in 1998.

Granted I only got about 3 chapters into it, but the game fails to excel in any area. At best, the game is average in certain regards, and it fails to reach that mark in most. Maybe the sequel will be better. There are a few franchises that had sucky first entries. But, based on the first game, people are perfectly justified in being completely unexcited.

Always nice to see people stating their opinion as fact and thinking they can speak for others.

KBG29 said:
Knack was a very good action platformer, and I expect nothing less of the second. Hope this means Knack will come to PS+ soon so more people will play it, and see just how good and fun it is. I am very excited for Knack 2, and look forward to playing it day one.

Now they need to give the other media bashed franchises, the same opportunity. The Order 1886 is brilliant, and number 2 is set up to be GOTY material. Ready At Dawn did Uncharted better then Naughty Dog, and it it got them unbelievable amounts of disrespect. Sometimes this industty, and the core demographic really piss me off with the way they attack certain games.

Shiken said:
Knack was a very fun game that got a lot of undeserved hate. I will likely get this.

WoodenPints said:
Knack was a great game it deserves a sequel.

jason1637 said:
Knack 1 was fun. Knack 2 will be godly.

Dr.Vita said:

I don't think that Knack deserves the hate it gets... It was a decent Action Platformer imo. And this sequel could be a good game too. Looking forward to Knack 2!

Bristow9091 said:
I thought the first one was great, simple gameplay but still very enjoyable, and it definitely deserves more than a 54 on Metacritic... you guys have no idea how surprised and happy I was when this was shown, it's a definite day one buy from me!

naruball said:
JWeinCom said:

Always nice to see people stating their opinion as fact and thinking they can speak for others.

I'm sorry.  I didn't know that I needed to put a big disclaimer to show that my opinion was indeed my opinion before stating it.  Out of curiousity though, why is my post an example of someone "stating their opinion as fact" as opposed to anyone else?  

Why is what I said an example of people speaking for others, but when someone says the game gets undeserved hate, implying that people that hate it are doing so unjustly, is not?  Why is what I said an example of stating my opinion of fact, but it isn't when someone flatly states that those who reviewed the game poorly were wrong to do so? 

6/10

No Knack HD.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I honestly know nothing of Knack. It can't be as bad as people make it out to be.