By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding (PS4) The Game Awards 2016 trailer

Looks crazy! Definitely one of the PS4 titles to look forward to in the future! :D

Around the Network
Airaku said:
JRPGfan said:

Steven spielberg makes great movies... I dont even have to know the plotline to agree go watch a new movie by him.

Some people are just so good at what they do, you trust them to deliver.

And casting Mads Mikkelsen as the villian for this game? :) that is awesome.

Hes a top quality actor, plays really good villians.  Dont you want to be a Norman Reedus hero, and go save the world?

Quite. You don't know for sure if he's the main villain.

Sure... hes the good guy.. he just happends to be corrupted by that oil/nano stuff, and has those "umbilical cord" that attach to undead skeleton soliders.

Also hes a actor that is known for playing good guys right? :) It could happend.

Im not sure hes the main villain, but I suspect hes not a good guy in this game.

You gotta say it was such a steal for Sony to get this as a console exclusive. Obviously could end up a mess but it's gone insane potential. Kojima is no longer shackled, Pandoras box is open and years of ideas are going to be put into this game. Just think, how long has Kojima be thinking of making a non mgs game. Could be one of the most unique titles ever.

JRPGfan said:
Airaku said:

Quite. You don't know for sure if he's the main villain.

Sure... hes the good guy.. he just happends to be corrupted by that oil/nano stuff, and has those "umbilical cord" that attach to undead skeleton soliders.

Also hes a actor that is known for playing good guys right? :) It could happend.

Im not sure hes the main villain, but I suspect hes not a good guy in this game.

I never said he was the good guy now.... did I? This game is looking to be amazing and without a doubt... it's going to suprise people :)

I wonder if Kojima will pick up on oil spill themes killing the natural world giving way to greedy, blood thirsty, powerful entities.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
MTZehvor said:

I...truly cannot understand the hype behind this at all. I assume it's for the story, but we have no idea as to what the premises of this story even is. We don't know what story themes it will be addressing or what kinds of narrative it plans to tackle, other than they're presumably dark. On top of that, we're a full six months after its release, and not only do we have no gameplay footage at all (which unfortunately is an increasingly more consistent trend), we don't have any idea what kind of gameplay will be in this game besides the vague "action" label given to it.

Liking Hideo Kojima's previous work is all fine and well, but this feels like the equivalent of getting hyped just because he wrote some concept ideas down on a napkin.

Steven spielberg makes great movies... I dont even have to know the plotline to agree go watch a new movie by him.

Hes a top quality actor, plays really good villians.  Dont you want to be a Norman Reedus hero, and go save the world?

Welp, I'll say this: You have a lot more faith in a single game developer than I do. I can't say there's a single person that is so good at developing games that I would be hyped regardless of what the announcement was like and what footage was revealed.

Almost the same eye make-up he used in Doctor Strange. That is classic Kojima humor for you, I love it!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Why's everyone saying oil spill? You knw what shouldv happened when oil meets fire, right? D:

MTZehvor said:
JRPGfan said:

Welp, I'll say this: You have a lot more faith in a single game developer than I do. I can't say there's a single person that is so good at developing games that I would be hyped regardless of what the announcement was like and what footage was revealed.

Nintendo Mainline Mario games, and zelda games.

I dont really need to know much about them... Im pretty sure Id enjoy them. Granted Im a much harder critic of SM3DWorld than most.

Naughty dog is like that too, whatever they think up next or do next, will probably be great.

m_csquare said:
Why's everyone saying oil spill? You knw what shouldv happened when oil meets fire, right? D:

I think its some sort of infection. A corruption if you will thats just spread from one type of animal to the next, and also infecting alot of the human population.

That guy in the video, is probably safe guarding that unborn kid from the infection.

Also the dead are reanimated, by these currupted people.... it wont just be another typical zombie shooter though, its weird enough to be its own thing.