By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Time To Go To McDonald's and Get Fat Like Mario

Super Mario Happy Meals returning to McDonald's

The release of the Switch draws ever closer and it seems that Nintendo will once again be pairing up with McDonald's to promote its IP in the run up to launch.

Super Mario Happy Meals will make a return to UK branches of McDonald's from January 11 to February 7 in 2017. The information was leaked to Nintendo Life by a regular informant who sent through the following materials designed to inform employees of the promotion.

Anyone expectanting Toad-shaped burgers or snazzy collectables is out of luck it seems. The Happy Meals will contain balloons featuring Mario characters, activity sheets, and foldable paper figurines. Children (and adults, definitely some adults) will also be challenged to find Yoshi somewhere on the box.

We swear Happy Meals were a more exciting proposition when we were young.

McDonald's new meal set doesn't sit atop our list of cross-promotion involving food and Nintendo characters. Krispy Kreme also paired up with the developer in South Korea to create Pokémon doughnuts during the height of the Pokémon Go craze. There's also the Nintendo restaurants in Osaka and Tokyo which serve, among other things, pancakes in the guise of Kirby.

We're not settling for anything less than a Deluxe Bowser Burger with Crispy Koopa Fries.

via Nintendo Life

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a815464/super-mario-happy-meals-returning-to-mcdonalds/

Around the Network

No body wants to get fat?

I'm already fat...

LivingMetal said:
No body wants to get fat?

Just did some HIIT, so I'm trying to burn the fat off.

McDonald's? Ugh.

I'd rather get a Federation force 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

No time like the present! Maybe I could get into a fat coma before Jan 20th.

Wendys is better

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Wendys is better

Do they have Mario HappyHappy Meals?

LivingMetal said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Wendys is better

Do they have Mario HappyHappy Meals?

No but they have edible food

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

No actual toys? That's a shame.