By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

DonFerrari said:
RavenXtra said:

Corrected the title, even the source article mentions shipments. Also gives me justification to lock some dupes, yay!

For the best of reasons =]

walsufnir said:
If this game isn't 10/10, I don't know which game is. People voted and reviewed with their wallet.

I'm still to pick my copy, how are you liking it so far? Playing on X1 or PS4? In PS4 those problems reported by DF are really an issue or just a small nuisance?

I already said several times, the game is doing nothing for me. Wrong direction, wrong art style and looking horrible in terms of art, not to mention the technical problems.

If I would ever get it, then on PS4 as this is the only console I own which is able to play this game. But I doubt I will. They will never return to beautiful fantasy worlds like in FF9 - I would even be happy with something like FF7 but looking at the remake, they will even fail to convince me with that.

But again, people voted with their wallets. They leave some people behind like me but that doesn't mean anything.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

I already said several times, the game is doing nothing for me. Wrong direction, wrong art style and looking horrible in terms of art, not to mention the technical problems.

If I would ever get it, then on PS4 as this is the only console I own which is able to play this game. But I doubt I will. They will never return to beautiful fantasy worlds like in FF9 - I would even be happy with something like FF7 but looking at the remake, they will even fail to convince me with that.

But again, people voted with their wallets. They leave some people behind like me but that doesn't mean anything.

So I did misunterstood yours 10/10

For me FF IX is still the best I played (haven't played any before it).

Let's pray FF XV at least is satisfying

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kerotan said:

Shit I better stop now or else they'll cop I'm an alt of kapi. I also need to keep my inner monologues inside.

AAAAAAANYWAY..... Fantastic shipment numbers. They'll sell it all and they'll ship more. Reviews and player feedback is very positive. Digital sales I'd imagine are good.

When all is said and done they'll likely beat their 10m target easily. Pc release I'd say in the next 2 years, digital discounts and probably a future ps5 release. FF has a future!

Now,  we need to wait for the % split per console.

Kerotan said:

Shit I better stop now or else they'll cop I'm an alt of kapi. I also need to keep my inner monologues inside.

AAAAAAANYWAY..... Fantastic shipment numbers. They'll sell it all and they'll ship more. Reviews and player feedback is very positive. Digital sales I'd imagine are good.

When all is said and done they'll likely beat their 10m target easily. Pc release I'd say in the next 2 years, digital discounts and probably a future ps5 release. FF has a future!

Woah slow down all we got is shipments+digital. We have no idea how its doing, going by other releases you cant just assume a 10mil target can be easily achieve especially by a game that just started off with 5mil.

FFXV can potienally do 10mil but it cpuld also do less than 7mil for example. Getting these numbers are gpod but it doesnt even paint close to the real picture yet. 

Swordmasterman said:
Kerotan said:

There will be no split. Its 100% ps4.........

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

I played all until 9 and knew when 8 was released, what Square was going for. 15 is just the consequent line going down from 8, in my opinion. And apparently it works!

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Woah slow down all we got is shipments+digital. We have no idea how its doing, going by other releases you cant just assume a 10mil target can be easily achieve especially by a game that just started off with 5mil.

FFXV can potienally do 10mil but it cpuld also do less than 7mil for example. Getting these numbers are gpod but it doesnt even paint close to the real picture yet. 

Hard to be 7M on an opening of 5M.

tbone51 said:
Swordmasterman said:

There will be no split. Its 100% ps4.........

Rounding numbers

Bandorr said:
Swordmasterman said:

37 reviews, and 1188 ratings vs 1 review and 131 ratings on Metacritic.

I am quite interested in seeing that console split.

It seems like some people got their hands on limited edition Xbox FF XV. Because on common earth only PS4 sold =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

I played all until 9 and knew when 8 was released, what Square was going for. 15 is just the consequent line going down from 8, in my opinion. And apparently it works!

For some people it does. Not sure why some people want to push that everything needs to be the same way. Let JRPG and WRPG follow their differences and buy which you preffer right?

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

For some people it does. Not sure why some people want to push that everything needs to be the same way. Let JRPG and WRPG follow their differences and buy which you preffer right?

If FF15 would be what I call a JRPG, then fine. But they are trying too hard to appeal to a broader audience, in my opinion. Not that they shouldn't target a broader audience but they lose me with it.

Again, that is just me. But especially art direction is so bad in this game, I wouldn't call it Final Fantasy. I want a real fantasy world with monsters, dwarfs, not realistic looking characters driving in a black car, fighting blobs on the pavement. That just looks bad.

walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

If FF15 would be what I call a JRPG, then fine. But they are trying too hard to appeal to a broader audience, in my opinion. Not that they shouldn't target a broader audience but they lose me with it.

Again, that is just me. But especially art direction is so bad in this game, I wouldn't call it Final Fantasy. I want a real fantasy world with monsters, dwarfs, not realistic looking characters driving in a black car, fighting blobs on the pavement. That just looks bad.

When I said people, I wasn't mentioning you. I was mentioning guys that want FF to be what it isn't (and I include the producers on it as well)