By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

I'm glad it shipped this huge amount. Hope legs can make this number sold-to-customer data quite easily and keep crawling up to 10m, although I don't necessarily see it happening. It will be interesting seeing the difference in sales between versions.

Around the Network
lonerism said:
Holy mother!!!!

Is this real? Their 10 million goal is almost a given at this point

Not if sales are frontloaded and people grab the game from a bargain bin after the holidays.

Wright said:

I'm glad it shipped this huge amount. Hope legs can make this number sold-to-customer data quite easily and keep crawling up to 10m, although I don't necessarily see it happening. It will be interesting seeing the difference in sales between versions.

Kinda weird how you post this after your cpmments in the 10mil thread ;p (btw its at least 7.5mil sold within 10 days)

Wouldnt be surprised if ps4 got 90%+

ktay95 said:
Volterra_90 said:

There's obviously a huge turn-based games fanbase. I wonder how long will take SE to notice that. I think a turn based FF would do fairly well... FFXV combat system is just a huge mess.

Bravely Default, Dragon Quest, I am Setsuna.

It's not like they aren't making them at all. 

But if you really think Pokemon is a good indicator for potential buyers of a turn based RPG in a different franchise on a completely different console aimed at different markets than you need to stop letting your bias get in the way.

My point is, better worded, that Pokemon was always a turn-based games franchise, and it was always sucessful for years. SE decided to ditch the turn-based aspect from FF games, for no reason imho. It was doing pretty well.

Well, 5M shipped isn't a lot, I expected a few milions more given that they want to sell 10M copies...

Around the Network

Anyone know how it compares to FFXIII?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The fastest selling in the franchise history. Well deserved. :D

tbone51 said:
Wright said:

Kinda weird how you post this after your cpmments in the 10mil thread ;p (btw its at least 7.5mil sold within 10 days)

Wouldnt be surprised if ps4 got 90%+

Well I was dead wrong with that one, but this is a different case. SE wants to achieve 10 million but only ships 5 for starters, so they're playing much more safe.

VXIII said:
The fastest selling in the franchise history. Well deserved. :D

Because it was WW at the same exact time. Like XY 3 years ago, it should obvious be "fastest" selling fpr franchise if its the first to do a WW release. If FFXV beats other FF lifetime thats a different story though!

Ka-pi96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Anyone know how it compares to FFXIII?

It`s actually pretty similar. 13 shipped 5m the day it released worldwide. 13 did have 2/3 months of Japan sales beforehand but technically they both shipped 5m at the same time as their worldwide launch.

Do you have a source?

I only found this which says that "Final Fantasy XIII has sold over one million copies in the first five days following the game’s release." talking about the worldwide release excluding Japan.