By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Change Nintendo's marketing?

Nintendo's marketing this past gen has been, as we all know, either shotily executed or non-existent.

What they need to do is to be more in your face when marketing their new games and hardware, like in the old days.

Instead they've done stuff like this. -_-

Not to mention it was less frequent as time went on.

I remember when Nintendo commercials were everywhere, and they even advertised in movie theaters. Yes they're doing it more that way now, but they need to crank it up to 11 in that regard.

What else should Nintendo do to get their marketing back on track?

Around the Network

Well, we will see after the January event, but these past months the marketing has been very good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Well, we will see after the January event, but these past months the marketing has been very good.

But not Old Nintendo good. It needs to be much better than this.

CaptainExplosion2 said:
Nautilus said:

But not Old Nintendo good. It needs to be much better than this.

Well, Im not old enough to remember the ads Nintendo usually had back in the day(Though the "Now you are playing with power" is an iconic one), but if there is a time that Nintendo will seriously market its products will be after January, so I think it is better to wait untikl then to present this idea.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

There have been some good commercials recently though, you just need to dig to find them :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
There have been some good commercials recently though, you just need to dig to find them :/

I have, but they're still too far in between.

Scott Moffit is gone and he was responsible the terrible ads through most of Wii U's life. An entire team took over his job and recently ads have been better and in fact they did the Switch marketing which was very Sony ish. I keep seeing the 3DS Holiday ads. What I would change is hire me (I love creating ads even if I hate ads) and make their ads for ALL game ESP more niche stuff frequent on TV. XCX,W101,Bayo2 got robbed in marketing.

Nintendo's marketing has sucked generally speaking for like 25 years, lol.

They got badly outmarketed by Sega during the Genesis days and they've never really had *really* great commercials since. The NES era was the last time they really dominated the marketing aspect. 

The Wii sold because of word of mouth not TV ads, the DS sold even more than the Wii and had mediocre ads mostly.

Marketing just isn't Nintendo's thing. It's like an awkward gangly kid trying to play sports.

They should just hire celebrities instead of trying to be clever. They're just not that clever with the marketing aspect. 

Soundwave said:

Nintendo's marketing has sucked generally speaking for like 25 years, lol.

They got badly outmarketed by Sega during the Genesis days and they've never really had *really* great commercials since. 

The Wii sold because of word of mouth not TV ads, the DS sold even more than the Wii and had mediocre ads mostly.

Marketing just isn't Nintendo's thing. It's like an awkward gangly kid trying to play sports.

They should just hire celebrities instead of trying to be clever. They're just not that clever with the marketing aspect. 

Nah the Wii would like to play was great.  The live action Metroid ads ALL of them were amazing. Touching is Good ads were interesting. N64's Smash ad is a classic. Splatoons ads were delightfully 90s Nickoledeon.  It's only been bad since late Wii up until mid this year when Scott left and a new team took over with a new approach similar to Sony.

Actually Nintendo marketing in recent time is pretty good.