By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Final Fantasy XV a step in the right direction??

Is Final Fantasy XV a step in the right direction??

YES 220 64.71%

NO 120 35.29%

Total:340

The only thing I know about FF that it doesn't have  a one, fixed direction.

On a personal level, certainly. XV is shaping up to be my favourite. When it comes to the world design, originality, lively characters, and combat it is unmatched and I hope to se SE building on that.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

I would like to see:

1) turn based combat returns, random encounters, fix isometric view, and hidden treasures/locations.
2) FFX sphere system for upgrading characters.
3) FF7 Materia system also be in there.

Take Final Fantasy away from realism... go back to fantasy worlds, that where really weird and differnt than ours.

Mixing parts of FFX with parts of FF7, is basically what Id like to see done.

I'm okay with turn based but random encounters can't return. 

Short answer :  HELL NO .

I feel it is.

I also feel that the only people who argue otherwise are the same kind of people who preordered collectors editions of Bravely Default.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

think-man said:

Yeah, I know right. Seeing that one enemy you know you'll lose to and just running around them and fighting only weaker enemies over and over to level up instead, removing all real challenge to normal enemies.

I'm actually indifferent to the whole seeing the enemy thing. Worked in FF12 and 13 to a degree, worked better in Star Ocean. Yet, no one knows fear like running into a Malboro at the wrong time because of random battles. Especially when you haven't saved for an hour.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Paperboy_J said:
Am I the only one who thinks the numbers are getting ridiculously high? They should ditch the numbered titles and just go with a different subtitle each time, like the Zelda series does.

Or make it like FIFA. FINAL FANTASY 2018- FINAL FANTASY 2224, etc...

OT: I think when speaking about FF you have to consider how different each entry is with the other ones. You can have a linear RPG, then a MMORPG and the action RPG with steampunk setting, medieval settings, etc... But I think this game set SE back on track to make great main entries as a whole so I have faith in future ones.  

Yes, but it's got a ways to go; some of the classic elements need to be re-introduced.

However, I understand that this game took a billion years to release, so there was going to be some obsolescence.

God no.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

vivster said:
Depends what you consider right.

It certainly is in a direction. And that direction is as far from FF away as possible.

But it's already the best FF if you never played one of the predecessors before!

The Fury said:
think-man said:

Yeah, I know right. Seeing that one enemy you know you'll lose to and just running around them and fighting only weaker enemies over and over to level up instead, removing all real challenge to normal enemies.

I'm actually indifferent to the whole seeing the enemy thing. Worked in FF12 and 13 to a degree, worked better in Star Ocean. Yet, no one knows fear like running into a Malboro at the wrong time because of random battles. Especially when you haven't saved for an hour.

I don't think the reason people want random encounters gone is because of making the game easier, or encountering only what you want.

I think it's more to do with wanting to avoid fights when you don't feel like fighting. Wnat ot rush through area, ect.

But that is easily remedied by anotehr RPG that has that figured out. Pokemon. Make some sort of Repel item taht prevents encounters. I rarely use them in games, so not sure if FF had them already.