By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump questions the legitimacy of the election he won

Who are these millions of people who voted illegally? Women?

Around the Network

Jill Stein is well within her rights to ask for a recount. Sounds to me like Trump is worried.

*edit

And I don't know why he is calling it a landslide. He is 20 votes over the required amount. He is acting like he has a mandate from the people when more than half the people of the country don't want him.

DialgaMarine said:
paulrage2 said:

Its because the green party wants to recount the votes in three states. 

Which makes no sense because doing so could only possibly help Clinton. Sounds to me like some Green Party member's arent even trying to hide the fact that they've been bought out. 

In Norwegian we have two words called "idealpolitikk" and "realpolitikk". You might understand what it means just from that but I'll explain it anyway. Basically, idealpolitikk means that you work against only your goals, no compromises. Realpolitikk means that you might accept some compromises, but return you might achieve more (hence the word realpolitikk). For the Green Party, it's clear that they won't be able to push through 100% their policies by the recount (obviously). However if the recount shows that something illegitimate went down and Hillary won after all (though I doubt it), they would have achieved something that will at least push them closer to achieving the things they want. And closer is at least part of the way. Doesn't mean they've been "bought out".

DialgaMarine said:
This isn't the smartest thing for him to bring up (though he may not be wrong), but there is some very fishy stuff going on with this voter recount that Stein called for in WI, MI, and PA. For one, why would Stein want a recount? She got less than 1% of the overall vote. For another, why does she need to fundraise over $6 million? Why did Clinton concede, but then decide to join in on this after saying over and over throughout the election that Donald Trump fans need to accept the results? I guess it's easy to say such things when you thing you're gonna win; I mean who lives up to what they say these days, am I right?

Biggest problem of all though, is that these recounts mean nothing for Clinton; they won't be able to perform it and finish it before the December 13th deadline, i.e. these states will not be allowed to cast their electoral votes. It's an attempt by the left right now to further illegitimate the Trump presidency, by saying he didn't even win the electoral vote. Doesn't sound too serious, but you already know the left will abuse this come 2020.

She needed to raise funds because the recount needs to be paid for by the candidate who asks for the recount. She is well within her rights to ask for a recount. She is a candidate after all. Plus that the concession speech means nothing. Its merely a formality. The real thing happens when the electorate does the voting in december.

Even though trump won the electoral, there are some who are suing to vote against it and be rogue electoral votes. So Its possible that even without the recount there would be some who don't vote for him.

Everyone is hypocritical, Hillary for the opposite reason to Trump.

Trump who throughout his campaign suggested many times that he wasn't necessarily going to accept the results of the election if he lost, after saying all that you can't complain.

Around the Network

Can't people see how rigged this is?  The bad guys couldn't steal the election and now they are trying a back-door approach to get their way.  Why are they only recounting votes in states where Trump narrowly won?  Why not New Hampshire?

The establishment politicians and their elite donors do not like you nor do they care about you. Trump is not controlled by them and this is why the media hates him and tell you lies like: he is a racist, or he is a homophobe.  In reality, they hate you far more than Trump and they believe that elections should basically be this:

"The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them."—Karl Marx

malistix1985 said:
JRPGfan said:
Hes the next president... why does he bother with stuff like this?
You already won, dont put how you won into question. Seems silly.

Seems extremely silly and stupid, the recounting is also stupid, lets say hillary wins in a recount, and they say ok fuck it donald trump isnt the next president, that would be EVEN WORSE then having him as president, the country would explode lol

That's also what I believe, it would create a lot of clashes (even more than now) between Hillary and Trump supporters. It was pretty much evenly split in terms of popular vote and the amount of passion (and craziness) seen in this election campaign was unprecedented afaik. Some people may have an interest to see the country so divided though. =/

I suggest to check on Youtube the videos made by Project Veritas, especially the ones named "HIDDEN CAM: NYC Democratic Election Commissioner, "They Bus People Around to Vote" and "Rigging the Election - Video II: Mass Voter Fraud". In those videos we can hear the Democratic party operatives explain how to successfully commit voter fraud on a massive scale and NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin admitting that there is widespread voter fraud in New York City.

To state 2,000,000+ cases occurred means the entire election should be scrapped and re done. That many votes doesn't just affect presidential results, but senate, house, and various state results.

Hillary wont win anyway.

The woman ran against a guy who many people think are racist, misogynistic, xenophobic and not fit to be president. She had the current popular president, top Hollywood actors, biggest musicians and even several republicans endorsing her. She had most of the world behind her and she still lost. Its over...

Trump re-tweets conspiracy theories and relies on outlets like the National Enquirer, Breitbart, and infowars. These outlets fabricate news or disseminate fabrications so often that even Fox News has apologized several times for picking up the stories. I don't like Clinton or Trump, but the Republican Party and their mouthpieces have been cranking out garbage for decades, working extra hard to convince Americans that everyone else (but them) are liars and that they have some super secret, special truth conduit. Watch "Outfoxed" and you will see how Fox News created the monster that is now bubble America, where Breitbart's Milo can be an avowed "troll" and celebrated for it.

The recount was initiated by Stein, and anyone who bothers to research anything ever will notice that she has raised excess funds without any stated obligation to use the proceeds for the recount. The Clinton campaign publicly stated that they saw no compelling evidence of significant fraud and that the margins were greater than any recount has covered, so they did not pursue the recount. It was computer analysts and the the Green party that kicked this whole thing off, so please read something else that hasn't been bouncing around your bubble.

Finally, there is no precedent for such a wide popular electoral gap: Trump barely won the electoral vote, and Clinton trounced him in the popular vote (despite the largest non-swing states having much lower turnout and heavily favoring Clinton). The illegal immigrant myth is exactly that: a myth (It's been debunked; you also have to register to vote in America, people.). Despite the protestations and recount, I doubt the college will vote for Turd Sandwich over Giant Douche.