By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I am not worried about getting FFXV on the Xbox

Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

A year after the original with a pro update. Think about this. It should sink in. LOL

You'd have a point if FFXV hadn't just released on XBO. There's a huge difference.

Tomb Raider PS4 was a new retail release, one month before PRO came out. FFXV is already release on XBO.

"Hadn't just released" is a stretch when you're speaking a years time. The same amount of time, people are saying Square cant give to the scorpio as a patch.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barkley said:

You'd have a point if FFXV hadn't just released on XBO. There's a huge difference.

Tomb Raider PS4 was a new retail release, one month before PRO came out. FFXV is already release on XBO.

"Hadn't just released" is a stretch when you're speaking a years time.

You're misunderstanding me. Rise of the Tomb Raider recieved Pro Support at the same time it launched on the OG PS4. FFXV has already released on the XBO and obviously it doesn't have Scorpio support nor any hint of it.

If ROTR released on ps4 at the same time as xbo back in 2015 it most likely wouldn't have been updated with Pro support, but as they had to port the game to ps4 anyway and were releasing very close to Pro there was a reason to do it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barkley said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider launched on PS4 this year... so no. :P

A year after the original with a pro update. Think about this. It should sink in. LOL

what are you talking about? ROTTR ps4 version is not even made by the same guys that made it for xbox one, Crystal did it for xb1 and Nixxes did it for ps4 and Nixxes also patched the input lag on ps4 while they didn't on xb1, and what do you not understand from "RELEASED"??? the game was never on ps4, it didn't release in 2015 and then released again a year later for pro, the game is a NEW release on ps4, of course it's going to have ps4 pro support, if they didn't bother to patch the input lag on xb1 what makes you think that they'll patch support for a new platform on scorpio

Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You're misunderstanding me. Rise of the Tomb Raider recieved Pro Support at the same time it launched on the OG PS4. FFXV has already released on the XBO and obviously it doesn't have Scorpio support nor any hint of it.

If ROTR released on ps4 at the same time as xbo back in 2015 it most likely wouldn't have been updated with Pro support, but as they had to port the game to ps4 anyway and were releasing very close to Pro there was a reason to do it.

This. 

I don't see Square footing the bill for FFXV to be enhanced for the Scorpio a year after its actual release. the only way I can this happening is if:

1) FFXV sells tons of copies on the X1 giving assurance that it is worth investing in a Scorpio version. 

2) MS pay for it to be enhanced for the Scorpio. 

We know it's easy to do for the Pro, but that's because Cerny made sure the hardware was designed for it. I don't think MS has gone the same route with Scorpio. 

As for the FFXIII argument or FF versus argument, I don't think it holds up. 

MS were leading last gen and spent a lot of money or securing Japanese games. additionally, developers supported them due to the 360 doing so well. this is no longer the case this gen. 

The third option is they release a GOTY edition with all the DLC. I think this would be the most likely way it will happen if it does, but that would mean you would need to repurchase it. 

a simple question... based on what is happening to one year old games on PS4 Pro, are you sure SE will drop a patch for FF XV to run on native 4k for the Scorpio? Serious question, not trying to argue with you...

i have a ps4 pro and i didn't buy it to play older games but those ahead and that is what makes sense to me, but hey, that's me...

Edit: didn't read the thread up to the 9th page, and now that i did post, i notice that others already ask that same question and that you are hopeful about the patch... Good luck my friend. (not being sarcastic, just, seriously, wishing you good luck)

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Shadow of Mordor and Deus EX: Mankind devided are well past release and have recieved pro patches. By this logic, the game can still be patched and upgraded even though games have sold well past their time. I think half of the problem with some is that if a situation does not only favor Sony, they cannot fathom it working. Im primarily a Sony, myself, but I do not understand this lack of understanding since old games are being patched. Two Square Enix games have already been prepped, so this would only leave one more key franchise.

OnyxPhoenix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

what are you talking about? ROTTR ps4 version is not even made by the same guys that made it for xbox one, Crystal did it for xb1 and Nixxes did it for ps4 and Nixxes also patched the input lag on ps4 while they didn't on xb1, and what do you not understand from "RELEASED"??? the game was never on ps4, it didn't release in 2015 and then released again a year later for pro, the game is a NEW release on ps4, of course it's going to have ps4 pro support, if they didn't bother to patch the input lag on xb1 what makes you think that they'll patch support for a new platform on scorpio

Following Sony's developmental methods  helped me understand that its common sense that a patch can happen. This goes double for important games. Mark Cerny said that it takes up 1% of a developers known developmental time to accomplish this. It made sense as to why CD Projekt Red denied a pro patch for the Witcher 3 and thats because they are devoting all of their resources to an even large Cyber Punk game. This is why you see Shaow of Mordor and Deus Ex getting pro patches. Deus Ex is a Square Enix game and so is Tomb Raider, which marks two games that got the pro treatment . Doesnt matter if its patched or developed to scale from the start, this has proven it can happen. As I said to someone else, there seems to be a little part of some who dont want the Xbox to get the patches just because.

sergiodaly said:

a simple question... based on what is happening to one year old games on PS4 Pro, are you sure SE will drop a patch for FF XV to run on native 4k for the Scorpio? Serious question, not trying to argue with you...

i have a ps4 pro and i didn't buy it to play older games but those ahead and that is what makes sense to me, but hey, that's me...

Edit: didn't read the thread up to the 9th page, and now that i did post, i notice that others already ask that same question and that you are hopeful about the patch... Good luck my friend. (not being sarcastic, just, seriously, wishing you good luck)

I wish I needed luck but this is blindingly obvious to anyone who can put two and two together. Square Enix has already prepared two games for the pro, so this should hardly be considered wishful thinking. Third times a charm. Thanks for the luck though. Your words are more encouraging than some who just dont want this to happen.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Shadow of Mordor and Deus EX: Mankind devided are well past release and have recieved pro patches. By this logic, the game can still be patched and upgraded even though games have sold well past their time. I think half of the problem with some is that if a situation does not only favor Sony, they cannot fathom it working. Im primarily a Sony, myself, but I do not understand this lack of understanding since old games are being patched. Two Square Enix games have already been prepped, so this would only leave one more key franchise.

That's not the problem at all, DEUS EX was NOT well passed release, it was only a month and a half before Pro came out. I've made a list, literally only 4 AAA  3rd party retail games released in the previous calendar year or before have been patched for pro, a more accurate statement is old games are NOT being patched. You're treating a very VERY small minority getting patched as if it is evidence that Final Fantasy WILL LIKELY get patched for Scorpio, the problem isn't people being Sony Biased, it's you having made a decision that will likely not come to fruition.

All the evidence is stacked against a Scorpio updated for FFXV, that's not to say it definitely won't happen, but it is unlikely. 

Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That's not the problem at all, DEUS EX was NOT well passed release, it was only a month and a half before Pro came out. I've made a list, literally only 4 AAA  3rd party retail games released in the previous calendar year or before have been patched for pro, a more accurate statement is old games are NOT being patched. You're treating a very VERY small minority getting patched as if it is evidence that Final Fantasy WILL LIKELY get patched for Scorpio, the problem isn't people being Sony Biased, it's you having made a decision that will likely not come to fruition.

All the evidence is stacked against a Scorpio updated for FFXV, that's not to say it definitely won't happen, but it is unlikely. 

Deus ex came out a little under hree months before the pro and they patched the game in a relatively short period of time. Because of its sales the game has had to drop in price quicker than normal. This makes Mark Cerny absolutely correct that it only takes 1% of developers, developmental time to produce a resolution patch for the upgraded platforms. Whatever logic works for the PS4 also goes for the Xbox Scoprio. I thank Cerny for his words. I dont like to bet, but I would definitely wager a bet on this, if you would like.