By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why I am not worried about getting FFXV on the Xbox

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sabvre42 said:
I'm not even sure square will take the time to patch graphics on the scorpio.

This is an xbox you are talking about -- the console that JRPGs sell like shit on.

...and yet Square put the game on the console. Cerny said making a pro versio of games takes 1% of resoruces, so what does that say for the Scorpio on a game thats already been optimized for the pro? Are you guys trying hard to hold up the bias or what?

Yet how many old 3rd party titles have been updated for the Pro? Not many at all. So why would Scorpio be any different.

Around the Network
OnyxPhoenix said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

They are throwing Sony's 4k Blu Ray back at them....you know the same blu ray they tried to kill off last gen and failed.

maybe they should try throwing a couple actual native 4k bluray movies too, becuase you probably can watch all the 4k native movies that are out right now in 2/3 days

and so what if MS overclocked the xb1 at launch? isn't titanfall 2 dynamic resolution dropping to 720p and under while ps4 is 1000p-900p? and battlefield 1 doesn't run at ~720p on xb1 while 1000p on ps4 dynamic resolution too? same with final fantasy 15, dynamic resolution 900p-720p xb1, 1080p-900p ps4, you said they oveclocked the xb1 like that changed anything, games are still a lot better on ps4 and will be till xb1 dies and beyond, if you wanted games that look better on xbox you had to wait from nov 2013 till nov 2017, WOW

It would be too late for 4k Blu Rays because the game would have to be patched. That would be pretty cool though. Kingsglaive would be a sight to see in 4k.

As for the overclocking, you're right. You cannot change whats already in the hardware. It was futile on Microsofts part, which is why I pointed out. They always find the need to make changes to shadow Sony. All I am saying is Sony gave them a second chance and they obviously are acting like they dont want to squander it.Of course, this opportunity will only be for the few who can afford it.

Here's a list of every 3rd party AAA game released on or before 2015 that was updated with Pro support.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Fallout 4

Wow! Scorpio will be the same, Developers will not go back and update year old titles.

Barkley said:
Here's a list of every 3rd party AAA game released on or before 2015 that was updated with Pro support.

Fallout 4

Wow! Scorpio will be the same, Developers will not go back and update year old titles.

I guess I'm contradicting myself slightly by contesting your statement -- but FFXV has one thing that MIGHT help scorpio:

DLC.

If Square is already doing DLC patches, they might just shoehorn in the pro upgrades... but its unlikely they will get anything beyond that.

deskpro2k3 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Nintendo owned our beloved franchise before... 

yes but, playstation introduced me to final fantasy with ff7, and it has been holy matrimony ever since. nintendo did not do that for me.

Well, I was introduced with FFVIII, but I am open to them changing hands again since I don't see in terms of brand... 

LivingMetal said:
AsGryffynn said:

Nintendo owned our beloved franchise before... 

Nintendo never owned Final Fantasy. They just publish the game for squaresoft.

For the love of... I didn't intend this literally dammit... 

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Fallout 4

Add Rise of the Tomb Raider to that list and you already have ahigh profile  Square game that SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN EXCLUSIVE TO THE XBOX. Thats said.......Rise of the Tomb Raider closed out last year and had a pro version a year later on the PS4. ;)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barkley said:

Fallout 4

Add Rise of the Tomb Raider to that list and you already have a Square game. Rise of the Tomb Raider closed out last year. ;)

Rise of the Tomb Raider launched on PS4 this year... so no. :P

Barkley said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Add Rise of the Tomb Raider to that list and you already have a Square game. Rise of the Tomb Raider closed out last year. ;)

A year after the original with a pro update. Think about this. It should sink in. LOL

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barkley said:

A year after the original with a pro update. Think about this. It should sink in. LOL

You'd have a point if FFXV hadn't just released on XBO. There's a huge difference.

Tomb Raider PS4 was a new retail release, one month before PRO came out. FFXV is already release on XBO.

AsGryffynn said:
deskpro2k3 said:

yes but, playstation introduced me to final fantasy with ff7, and it has been holy matrimony ever since. nintendo did not do that for me.

Well, I was introduced with FFVIII, but I am open to them changing hands again since I don't see in terms of brand... 

okeydokie.. my collection will not look uniform if I switch, and because of this, I see no reason to do it. I hope this clears up any confusion.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5