By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo doesn't need to make new IP's, they need to manage their current ones

Here is a list of all of Nintendo's IP's on the top of my head(bolded means they're barely used):

-Mario

-Luigi's Mansion

-Kid Icarus

-Legend of Zelda

-Super Smash Bros.

-Duck Hunt

-Punchout

-Animal Crossing

-Kirby

-Pikmin

-Mother

-Metroid

-Pilot Wings

-Brain Age

-F Zero

-Fire Emblem

-Golden Sun

-Legendary Starfy

-Splatoon

-Donkey Kong

-Yoshi's Island series

-Wario series

-Dillion's Rolling Western

-Pushmo

-etc

-Art of Balance

-Bunch of other ignored IP's

What do you realize? NINTENDO HAS TOO MANY IP'S. They're seriously throwing away money by ignoring so many series. I want them to make new Ip's- seeing Splatoon makes me desire more. However, they clearly should give spotlight to many other games

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Nintendo has more ips than anybody lol, they need to use them asap.

onionberry said:

Nintendo has more ips than anybody lol, they need to use them asap.

if they ever went full out on software only, they could make so many games. Imagine if they finally gave us a higher variety of IP's? it'd easily solve drought issues

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Some of them were good sellers, but most of them are dead for a reason, so I disagree.

I say new stuff is better. Look at Splatoon, and even the Wii series. An example for quality is Xenoblade.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Some of them were good sellers, but most of them are dead for a reason, so I disagree.

I say new stuff is better. Look at Splatoon, and even the Wii series. An example for quality is Xenoblade.

Unfortunately, a lot of these IPs (old and new) struggled to find the type of success even to that of Star fox, Metroid, F-Zero, or Fire Emblem. It took more than 20 years to get Kid Icarus back and part of the reason was Pit's revival in Brawl. 

miz1q2w3e said:

Yeah.  Nintendo will make a game if they think that game will sell.  If they're not continuing a series, it's because doing so is unlikely to make business sense.  In other words, the market does not demand those games.  

miz1q2w3e said:

yeah, but when they took a 'dead' series like Kid Icarus, it brought it to life! If they want to make a series get attention, perhaps introduce one of the characters to smash as DLC/advertisement to prevent a game from being released without any attention

hershel_layton said:

yeah, but when they took a 'dead' series like Kid Icarus, it brought it to life! If they want to make a series get attention, perhaps introduce one of the characters to smash as DLC/advertisement to prevent a game from being released without any attention

Even with its high production values, it only managed to sell 1.27mil. Who knows what a cool new IP could have sold instead, if they had allocated those resources differently. Plus, the original Kid Icarus didn't even sell that well to begin with.

No one needs new IPs as long as the old ones are selling.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.