By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SMACH Z. A Nintendo Switch with(out) Nintendo games?

What do you think about the Smach Z?

Great Concept 18 17.31%

Its okay. 21 20.19%

Its shit. 26 25.00%

Its Garbage, the Switch w... 28 26.92%

Results 11 10.58%

Total:104
omgfk said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes, Nintendo games arent that popular these days.

Pokemon X/Y-15.64 million

Mario Kart 7-13.94 million

Pokemon OR/AS-13.18 million

Super Mario 3D Land-10.98 million

New Super Mario Bros 2-10.60 million

Animal Crossing: New Leaf-10.34 million

Super Smash Bros 3DS-8.35 million

Mario Kart 8-8.00 million

New Super Mario Bros U-5.45 million

Tomodachi Life-5.30 million

Super Mario 3D World-5.19 million

Nintendo Land-5.13 million

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon-5.03 million

Super Smash Bros Wii U-4.99 million

Splatoon-4.57 million

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D-4.52 million

Nintendogs+Cats-3.96 million

Super Mario Maker-3.73 million

Other million sellers, Fire Emblem: Awakening & Fates, Kirby Triple Deluxe & Planet Robobot, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity & Super Mystery Dungeon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, New Super Luigi U, Pokken Tournament, Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors, DKC Returns 3D, Tropical Freeze, Mario Party 10, Wii Party U, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Party: Island Tour, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Woolly World, Tri Force Heroes, Pokemon Rumble Blast.

Comparison:

GTA 5: 55 Mio (+ digital)

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: 25 Mio (+ digital)

Fifa 16: 14 Mio (+ digital)

Battlefront: 11 Mio (+ digital)

Battlefield 4: 14 Mio (+ digital)

Destiny: 13 Mio (+ digital)

Interesting how you had to use multiplatform games to back up your argument...

Around the Network
omgfk said:
Trunkin said:
I plan to get one to play some of my indie games, and for the emulation capabilities, but the launch date is a difficult thing for me. So close to the Switch! Descisions , decisions.

obviously the better choice. Buy it and you can play your whole steam libraray on the go.

buy the switch and you can play some third party, some wii u ports and a handfull new nintendo games on the go. need to buy each seperatly.

The issue is, I really love Nintendo's games. TBH I'd take a "handfull" of them over 90% of the games in my Steam library. Say what you will about Nintendo, but they do know how to make quality products. Plus I missed out on the Wii U, so I'm gonna have a ton of titles to play on the Switch from day one, if all the port rumors are for real.

Yomieeee said:

Are you serious or joking?

People obviously get a console like ps4/xbox one for their multiplats (sales proove this). 

Those game still sell more gaming systems then Nintendos IPs. And those games are all available on the smachZ

omgfk said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes, Nintendo games arent that popular these days.

Pokemon X/Y-15.64 million

Mario Kart 7-13.94 million

Pokemon OR/AS-13.18 million

Super Mario 3D Land-10.98 million

New Super Mario Bros 2-10.60 million

Animal Crossing: New Leaf-10.34 million

Super Smash Bros 3DS-8.35 million

Mario Kart 8-8.00 million

New Super Mario Bros U-5.45 million

Tomodachi Life-5.30 million

Super Mario 3D World-5.19 million

Nintendo Land-5.13 million

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon-5.03 million

Super Smash Bros Wii U-4.99 million

Splatoon-4.57 million

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D-4.52 million

Nintendogs+Cats-3.96 million

Super Mario Maker-3.73 million

Other million sellers, Fire Emblem: Awakening & Fates, Kirby Triple Deluxe & Planet Robobot, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity & Super Mystery Dungeon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, New Super Luigi U, Pokken Tournament, Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors, DKC Returns 3D, Tropical Freeze, Mario Party 10, Wii Party U, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Party: Island Tour, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Woolly World, Tri Force Heroes, Pokemon Rumble Blast.

Comparison:

GTA 5: 55 Mio (+ digital)

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: 25 Mio (+ digital)

Fifa 16: 14 Mio (+ digital)

Battlefront: 11 Mio (+ digital)

Battlefield 4: 14 Mio (+ digital)

Destiny: 13 Mio (+ digital)

Those games are alot more appealing for the mature audience. And the switch seems to be aimed at a mature audience (not saying nintendo games are for kids, but those cartoony games do probl appeal more to them and the cheap 3ds/2ds is more affordable for them as well).

Also: 15 years ago, games like zelda were almost without competition. Now a days we have third party games like Witcher 3, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3. Im not saying those games are the same, but in terms of open world, gameplay/fighting, exploration those games are similr if not even better then new zelda games. BOTW looks very promising, but nintendo is definitly not the leader in those games anymore (and they were that back in the days).

So basically since Call of Duty & Grand Theft Auto sell better than the best selling Nintendo games, that means Nintendo games arent popular? Because those are literally the only 2 franchises that sell better than the top Nintendo IP currently do.

The rest of what you said really has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

omgfk said:

Yomieeee said:

Are you serious or joking?

People obviously get a console like ps4/xbox one for their multiplats (sales proove this). 

Those game still sell more gaming systems then Nintendos IPs. And those games are all available on the smachZ

No, I think you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that the fact that you had to compare total sales of a game across ALL platforms it released on is a little silly. Why not list what battlefield sold on PS4 and XB1 separatley?

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
omgfk said:

obviously the better choice. Buy it and you can play your whole steam libraray on the go.

buy the switch and you can play some third party, some wii u ports and a handfull new nintendo games on the go. need to buy each seperatly.

The issue is, I really love Nintendo's games. TBH I'd take a "handfull" of them over 90% of the games in my Steam library. Say what you will about Nintendo, but they do know how to make quality products. Plus I missed out on the Wii U, so I'm gonna have a ton of titles to play on the Switch from day one, if all the port rumors are for real.

well for nintendo fans the switch will be still a nice console. Maybe wait and see how the switch will do and what games it will get, decide then ;)

Yomieeee said:

No, I think you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that the fact that you had to compare total sales of a game across ALL platforms it released on is a little silly. Why not list what battlefield sold on PS4 and XB1 separatley?

Because it doesnt make much sense? There were X people in total that wanted to play battlefield and got it. Like their are X people in total that wanted to play Pokemon and got it. The system doesnt matter.

The number of BF sales on ps4 wouldnt match the general interest in the franchise. And that what we are talking about.

You arnt dividing the sales of 3ds games between 2ds, 3ds, 3ds xl, new 3ds and new 3dsxl either right? ;)

omgfk said:
Yomieeee said:

Because it doesnt make much sense? There were X people in total that wanted to play battlefield and got it. Like their are X people in total that wanted to play Pokemon and got it. The system doesnt matter.

The number of BF sales on ps4 wouldnt match the general interest in the franchise. And that what we are talking about.

You arnt dividing the sales of 3ds games between 2ds, 3ds, 3ds xl, new 3ds and new 3dsxl either right? ;)

I agree with you that adding XB & PS numbers is fine, but your comparison to various 3DS skus is flawed.

Seperating 3DS skus would be like seperating PS4, PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

omgfk said:
Yomieeee said:

Ok fine, even if you add the platforms together it still doesn't discredit Nintendo games not selling. Look at the attach rates for Nintendo games and tell me that they don't sell....

Yomieeee said:

Ok fine, even if you add the platforms together it still doesn't discredit Nintendo games not selling. Look at the attach rates for Nintendo games and tell me that they don't sell....

maybe my enunciation wasnt perfect. They do sell sure, but they dont sell and arnt as popular as other franchises anymore. And most people just get 1 dedicated gaming device. So Switch, Ps4, Xbox or PC basically in 2017.

And Nintendo games alont wont make many people get a switch over a ps4/xbox or pc. But the portability feature most likely could.