By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Official, Microsoft gave up on Europe (No Black Friday deals)

JRPGfan said:
160rmf said:
so, how are gonna be the estimates? No significant boost, huge drop or somewhere between these 2? Shame we don't have official numbers to get an idea what's going on.

199 euro for PS4 slims... Germany was already kinda a slaughter, but with deals like this from Sony and not from MS?

Yeah PS4 : XB1 ratio of sales is gonna be more insane than normal this holiday.

This I have no doubts. I am talking more about individual numbers. Is it possible to Sony give an official ratio? 

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Strange.I mean, XBox in Europe is surely weaker compared to PS4, but it makes no sense to not try anything, especially since it is still an important market for them, and they have a good presence in the UK.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

WolfpackN64 said:
Black Friday is an American event, so why should they bring these deals to Europe?

Like so many other stupid US customs, Black Friday has also crept into our culture. Not long before Europe will celebrate the 4th of July and Thanksgiving too.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The PS4 is below 200€ today on amazon.de. Sony is really trying to sell as much PS4's in Europe as possible.

Xbox One S was sold for 174 € this week at Saturn. Black Friday isn't really a thing here. People slowly begin to adopt it for some reason, but it hasn't really caught on just yet. There are a few deals, but the people don't rush out like crazy like americans do it (or at least that's what I'm being told, never been to the US on black friday =P)

Also, Sony themselves did nothing at all. Media Markt lowered the price to 196 € (amazon followed, like they always do), but they did that before. It's just that the dealers are more focused on PS4, because the Xbox is pretty much dead in europe apart from the UK.

I don't think Microsoft gave up though. I mean they even didn't give up in Japan for crying out loud.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

Xbox One S was sold for 174 € this week at Saturn. Black Friday isn't really a thing here. People slowly begin to adopt it for some reason, but it hasn't really caught on just yet. There are a few deals, but the people don't rush out like crazy like americans do it (or at least that's what I'm being told, never been to the US on black friday =P)

Also, Sony themselves did nothing at all. Media Markt lowered the price to 196 € (amazon followed, like they always do), but they did that before. It's just that the dealers are more focused on PS4, because the Xbox is pretty much dead in europe apart from the UK.

I don't think Microsoft gave up though. I mean they even didn't give up in Japan for crying out loud.

Of course they don't give up. Being a distant third doesn't mean you don't make any profit or you don't sell consoles at all.

I'd say there are some pretty good deals here in Scandinavia.

Xbox One 500 GB + Forza Motorsport 5 + Fifa 15: $141 (you save $355)
Xbox One 1 TB: $230
Xbox One S 500 GB + Fifa 17 + extra controller: $310 (you save $70)
Xbox One S 1TB + Fifa 17 + free game: $340

There are some really cool bundles at MicrosoftStore.de for Germany.

And Black Friday isn't even a big thing here.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

they are trying only in UK.

I have seen X1 deals here in the UK, sure they're about £20 more but they're still deals.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi