By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'd Like To See DKC Returns + Tropical Freeze Ported To Switch

"I'd like to see new games"

Retro: "OK, we'll make a new Donkey Kong Country Returns 3.

Fan: "Nooooooo!"

Around the Network
b00moscone said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I'd like to see new games

EVERYBODY FOLLOW THE CAPTAIN!!!

After Tropical Freeze, it would be a shame if they didnt do a new DKC.

Nintendo need to drop doing 2D platforming Mario games, and just leave that genre to the DKC guys (who do that better).

I'd love this too. I would love a DK super collection with all the snes games added also. Like that Kirby anniversary edition they did. I was very late to the party and never played DK till I tried Returns on the 3DS so I would love a collection that would let me catch up with the series.

JRPGfan said:
b00moscone said:

Nintendo need to drop doing 2D platforming Mario games, and just leave that genre to the DKC guys (who do that better).

I don't think it's people doubting the quality of DKC games, because they are very good titles, however I think most people have had their fill, and people want Retro to be more ambitious than their DKC titles. Doesn't mean that there can't ever be another one though!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

VGhippy said:
I'd love this too. I would love a DK super collection with all the snes games added also. Like that Kirby anniversary edition they did. I was very late to the game and never played DK till I tried Returns on the 3DS so I would love a collection that would let me catch up with the series.

Yes, I'd love if they added DKC 1-3 to the package too, but they probably want to sell those individually on the Virtual Console. Would be great though to have all the DKC games on one cart. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Yes, I'd love if they added DKC 1-3 to the package too, but they probably want to sell those individually on the Virtual Console. Would be great though to have all the DKC games on one cart. 

Yeah I think you're right about them putting those games on the virtual console instead. I guess it would be nice to be able to play every game on the same console at least. My one annoyance with the overall awesome Uncharted trilogy is that the Vita game was never ported over. I mean it had been like 4 years or something, so it wasn't like it was going to drag sales away from the Vita _-_-_

JRPGfan said:
b00moscone said:

Are they the same guys who came up with the 'shake to run' and the 'shake to blow' mechanics?

How can Nintendo compete with their genius?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Trunkin said:
Pavolink said:

This. Porting more games is wasting resources.

Not when outsourcing is possible, and so many people skipped out on the Wii U.

They can outsource more important games. DK did nothing for Wii U and won't do for Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Trunkin said:

Not when outsourcing is possible, and so many people skipped out on the Wii U.

They can outsource more important games. DK did nothing for Wii U and won't do for Switch.

Donkey Kong is probably Nintendo's 4th or 5th biggest character IP, I think he deserves a shot. 

DKCR sold very well on the 3DS too ... Wii U was just a disaster all around, DKC: TF suffered as a result of it, but prior to that the DKC series was selling on par/better than the Zelda series per game. 

Soundwave said:
Pavolink said:

Donkey Kong is probably Nintendo's 4th or 5th biggest character IP, I think he deserves a shot. 

DKCR sold very well on the 3DS too ... Wii U was just a disaster all around, DKC: TF suffered as a result of it, but prior to that the DKC series was selling on par/better than the Zelda series per game. 

Too bad zero DK games will generate the same hype as Zelda...

And even worse that a new garage IP moved more Wii U's than the 4th or 5th biggest Nintendo IP.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile