By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!--PS3 WOW!PS3>WII

naznatips said:
NJ5 said:
So many people are forgetting about easter week.

As I said in my previous post, PS3's increase for GT5P is bigger than it seems, as otherwise there would have been a big drop from easter.

I think GT5P did a good job at boosting PS3 hardware, especially considering it's a reduced version / demo / whatever you like to call it.

I agree, though in light of this you have to admit the fact that the Wii only dropped 7K without a single new release from a major holiday week is pretty impressive as well.

Wasnt PES supposed to increase wii sales? Pro evo is a soccer game in which europeans are usually all over, and its the best version of the consoles. People were expecting wii sales to rise.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

Wasnt PES supposed to increase wii sales? Pro evo is a soccer game in which europeans are usually all over, and its the best version of the consoles. People were expecting wii sales to rise.

Not really.

they were wrong, because there's nothing more painful than trying to go online on the psp or trying to type anything.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
leo-j said:
naznatips said:
NJ5 said:

As I said in my previous post, PS3's increase for GT5P is bigger than it seems, as otherwise there would have been a big drop from easter.

I think GT5P did a good job at boosting PS3 hardware, especially considering it's a reduced version / demo / whatever you like to call it.

I agree, though in light of this you have to admit the fact that the Wii only dropped 7K without a single new release from a major holiday week is pretty impressive as well.

I think that's because it the game launched on the Wii AFTER it had already come out on the other systems (PS2/PS3/360), so many people probably already bought it for another system instead of waiting for the Wii ver.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

hey didnt the 360 just have a price drop this week? If so then they did bad.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

god of war is not advertised in the uk. at first i thought i saw one, but it was actually that new viking game being advertised. i have to say though, i expected more hardware to be shifted, but then again, these numbers are probably still subject to adjustments.

leo-j said:
naznatips said:
NJ5 said:

A) Even if its the superior version most people knew the sales weren't going to be stellar for PES because it was already torpedoed by the late launch.  The exact same thing happened to Virtua Fighter on 360.  It's far better than the PS3 version, but a staggered launch kills sales.  This happens with all staggered-launch games, regardless of the quality of the later game.

B) Wii sales couldn't really rise without increased stock, and Nintendo wasn't going to ship extra Wiis for a 3rd party Soccer game... 

If PES Wii is a hit, it won't be evident in the first week I think. It would happen through word of mouth and having legs as a title that new buyers pick up.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

roadkillers said:
hey didnt the 360 just have a price drop this week? If so then they did bad.

That was a couple weeks ago, atleast sales went up, which is something microsoft needed.

mM

Oh and 360 sales are now over 6 million in Others.

PS3 sales "should" reach 5 million next week in Others (need 90K hardware sales) to pass it.

Wii sales should pass 7.5 million in Others next week (needs 50K sales).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"