By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Watch_Dogs 2 sells only 1/5 of Watch Dogs 1 first week in UK

vivster said:
Fits to the 1/5th of hype the sequel got in comparison to the first one.

I'm not sure if it's a case of the sequel got 1/5th the hype from people because Ubisoft didn't advertise it, or if the First game lived up to around 1/5th the hype that it generated.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Wrong time of year to release it and 'stale' reception after the first. To be expected. Release it in April and it would have done a lot better. Reviewers have been saying it's overall a better game so that may have come through the grape vine a little at least.

Hmm, pie.

I think Destiny 2 will underperform too

Watch Dogs 1 was much more hyped. Remember E3 2013? Everyone wanted to play Watch Dogs 1 back in the day and then witht the release in 2014 a lot people got disappointed. lol

Finally a good news this week.

Around the Network

Makes sense, since a lot were hyped for the original, only to be disappointed..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Turkish said:
JRPGfan said:

Why is it so hard for developers to understand:

1) dont target over saturation genre's of games.
2) dont do sequels to games, that dissapointed people
3) dont "over promis, under deliver" (not if you ever plan to do a sequel)
4) dont release games when the timeing isnt there. Eg. space big game titles out abit.

Agreed.

Call of Duty had the same problem, it sold worse and worse after MW3, that game started the downfall of the series. But people bought MW3 because MW2 and Blops were so good.

But publishers think because average games like Watch Dogs or MW3 sold well, the sequel will do too. This should be a lesson, if the game wasn't good, the sequel is probably not gonna sell well.

Assassin's Creed?

WD2 didn't sell poor because WD1 was trash, it sold shit because the actual game, WD2 is trash, WD1 was decent

I disagree with most people here. If the game was worse than the previous one, I'd like to see it do much worse. Apparently this one is good. So it doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.

Improvement should be rewarded. Not saying that you should buy it but at least give credit where it's due.

Wasn't sad at all to see AC flop for its standards. It taught them a lesson.

Edit: also, wasn't the first AC extremely boring and improved massively with the sequel? People gave it the benefit of the doubt and for many years it was an extremely successful and loved IP.

Video gaming in the UK perhaps in a decline? Game profits are way down.