By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most disappointing game ever?

Final Fantasy X-2

If you're going to change everything about X don't call it X-2!

Around the Network

Well, the only one that I can really think of right now is Dead Space. A horror game that for about 90% of the time isn't scary. Not really what I expected after all the praise it received.

Okami, not saying it was bad. But I saw so much praise and had really high expectations with it. I tried to like it but I just couldn't, the music is amazing though.

Oh Wrighty, you know very well which game that is for me

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Oh Wrighty, you know very well which game that is for me

Yeah, but do the rest of the posters in this thread know?

Around the Network

MGSV -_-

I'll keep it short, cause I don't feel like writing an essay again.

Tales of Symphonia 2 Dawn of the New World, most of my dissapointment comes from the fact that it has the Symphonia name on it. Even having the Tales of name  irks me quite a bit. If it was just a generic anime type RPG I probably wouldn't care much for it, but no, it had to call itself a direct sequel to one of my favorite games of all time and one of my most treasured games since my childhood.

Basically it screws up the world and its concepts, ruins the great ending of the first game (Symphonia was one of those titles that didn't need a sequel), having a pretty bad story on its own, the Symphonia cast is just there, it could have been just a story of Emil and Marta (and even then, these 2 are quite the mediocre characters) and it could have been just fine, but no it has to stick the Symphonia cast in there and butcher Lloyd's character. on a more subjective note, the music is terrible, 1 or 2 original tracks there that I liked, the rest are forgettable or terrible or very generic remixes of tunes from the first game, gameplay while somewhat improved (it did came after Symphonia and Abyss) feels more slow, is not as fluid when it comes to the combat.

I could rant on and on but that is pretty much the basics of my dissapointment with this title.

Probably The Last of Us. I was excited to finally play it and dust off my PS3 due to the rave reviews so I bought it on sale. It took about 4 hours to DL and the update took another few hours. I found the gameplay boring and repetitive and who in the hell thought crafting would be fun in a videogame? I ended up just watching the cutscenes on YouTube.

Note to self, if you look forward to the cutscenes and not the game to get to them - you're not playing a good game.

Hard to say, but I'd probably go with Bioshock: Infinite. I was so hugely hyped for this game, and this was before I feel even more in love with the first 2 games, and almost everything about it disappointed me. I hated the world of Columbia, I hated the special enemies, I didn't like how fast paced they made the gunplay, vigors were useless, and the story was too convoluted for its own good. The Burial at Sea DLC was the best part of the game, and that's mainly because it went back to Rapture.

Metroid Other M, I will say it has the best "vs Ridley" theme of the whole series.