By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Xbox One Now Outselling The PS4?

KLAMarine said:

Again, like I said, it helps with XBox's image and can also persuade someone who owns many 360 games to pick up an XB1 over a PS4.

You seem to have gotten carried away by forum wars such that you may not really have a grasp on what's important or not. 

I'm yet to see a single person buy a new console because it can let them play their old games. It's a nice feature to have, but nowhere near a deal maker or breaker. 

And just in case you didn't know it, the single biggest contributor to the legs of a console or what "persuades someone to pick up a console" is word of mouth and and social circles. 

People are more likely to get what their friends have. If more people have a PS4 then more people will get a PS4 cause no one ever recommends their friend to pick uo a console that's different from what they primarily play. 

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Because in the end, quality always shines through. Xbox One S became the official home of 4K when it included 4k bluray, 4k streaming, 4k gaming, on a faster more reliable network.

Sooooo the Xb1 S does 4k gaming now?

At the OP

Also the thread title and OP are both wrong the XB1 is not outselling the PS4...it is still selling less than the PS4. Now if he means only in the US, UK and Aus then he is correct but he stated in the OP that since MS released the XB1s it has been outselling the PS4. I came into thsi thread confused thinking I missed something lol.

Also it is outselling it in those places because it has had great deals, the XB1s being able to play 4k blu ray movies, recent releases such as Gears 4 and FH3 AND lastly because in my opinion the Pro ate a lot of the PS4 sales when it was announced. I think these next 2 months will be key on detereming the true flow of things and so far even though it is early in the month with the little information we have(using top sellers on most websites) the PS4 is in control at the monent but we will see how things turn out! This is a great time to be a gamer!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DonFerrari said:
Imaginedvl said:

Well it does count right now :) It will just be nothing in 2 months hehe

I see, since this is a leaping year (366 days) then the sales from June to October counts and holidays are meaningless, got you.

Man you are really too much on the defensive... You really need to calm down as you seem to see everything as an attack.

First of all it was a joke and it was pretty clear in my statement. I even overdid it by adding "hehe" on top of a smiley.
And second, even if it was a joke; I actually said that in 2 months the small lead Xbox One has over the Play Station Four for the past month will mean nothing... As the holiday seasons are going to be around millions...

Get off your horse lol

It could be that the PS4 simple sold faster, so we've reached a point where just about everybody in the market for a PS4 at the moment already has one, while there are still people in the market for an Xbone getting around to buying.
But if it is a reaction to policy, Sony does seem to have somewhat dropped the ball lately while desperation has led Microsoft to actually start thinking about what the consumer wants, finally.

Jega said:

PS4 has been outselling the Xbox One since November 2013. Since Microsoft released the Xbox One S, Xbox One has been outselling the PS4.

Now I am not totally surprised by this as I knew a redesign would spark some sales, but I didn't think sales would have spiked this high.

Why do you think Xbox One is now outselling the PS4?

There's alot of factors but I think the number one reason is probably Microsoft figuring out the US market. They fired the guy that was in charge when they launched and replaced him with a guy that knows his shit. It took awhile, but Phil figured it out. 

It'll be tough for Sony in the US from here on out. They may win some weeks, but it's not longer a cake walk.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
DonFerrari said:

I see, since this is a leaping year (366 days) then the sales from June to October counts and holidays are meaningless, got you.

Man you are really too much on the defensive... You really need to calm down as you seem to see everything as an attack.

First of all it was a joke and it was pretty clear in my statement. I even overdid it by adding "hehe" on top of a smiley.
And second, even if it was a joke; I actually said that in 2 months the small lead Xbox One has over the Play Station Four for the past month will mean nothing... As the holiday seasons are going to be around millions...

Get off your horse lol

I guess you got me wrong, my bad.

I understood you were joking, and joke back.

The PS4Pro+PS4+PS4S versus X1+X1S doesn't matter which sells more (talking about US only) will probably be in a different magnitude order than this last 4 months so I get what your sense.

Don't talk about horses, it's been years since I last had a ride =[

CGI-Quality said:
DonFerrari said:

CGI, you have saw all the answers after, the lack of participation of OP, his posting (and threading) behaviors to know very well what is the objective of this thread and that the OP shouldn't be forgiving so easily for his hacking and even the postings after the warning deserving aditional individual warning isn't the way VGC goes.

And about this thread not breaking rules you know it does when it's done with baiting intent, even more when it's bait and run.

The best place for you to express these concerns is in a report. 

pray4mojo said:

It'll be tough for Sony in the US from here on out. They may win some weeks, but it's not longer a cake walk.

They may not win as many weeks as they had been, but they've only lost 3 months out of the year. Besides, it's hard to make that judgment when we don't know what November and December hold. 

Well, the reports I have made have gone unatended for weeks. But no worry. Since you were talking open about the OP and intentions I understood it was ok to reply instead of report.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lol maybe in select markets but not in the main market aka worldwide. Ps4 is Destroying it and even in the likes of the USA it's won more months in 2016 than its lost.

Jega said:

PS4 has been outselling the Xbox One since November 2013. Since Microsoft released the Xbox One S, Xbox One has been outselling the PS4.

Only in USA, UK, and others tiny countries

Jega said:

Now I am not totally surprised by this as I knew a redesign would spark some sales, but I didn't think sales would have spiked this high.

Sales aren'y spiked high, it's just the normal boost of a new model for a console, nowhere close to what was the boost of 360 and PS3 with the Slim model

Jega said:

Why do you think Xbox One is now outselling the PS4?

Because is not outselling it, worldwide, and in USA/UK because PRO is released just some days ago.

d21lewis said:
Radek said:

Isn't that upscaler the same upscaler your 4K TV does anyway? UHD Blu-Ray I can understand, but upscaler? 

I'm not that proficient in the art of resolution but I think if there's 4k content and a 4k TV, it looks better than just having a TV upscale by itself.

If there is actual 4K content sure, yet many 4K tvs actually have less lag while upscaling 1080p than when displaying a 4K signal. Letting the XBox One S upscale games to 4K could increase your display lag. Mid to high end tvs probably have better scaling too.
I had the same issue with Alan Wake, setting the 360 to 720p output had better results on my projector, than letting it upscale to 1080p.

Intrinsic said:
KLAMarine said:

Again, like I said, it helps with XBox's image and can also persuade someone who owns many 360 games to pick up an XB1 over a PS4.

You seem to have gotten carried away by forum wars such that you may not really have a grasp on what's important or not. 

I'm yet to see a single person buy a new console because it can let them play their old games. It's a nice feature to have, but nowhere near a deal maker or breaker. 

I get you've never seen it happen with your own eyes but this doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've never seen a murder with my own eyes but it doesn't mean they don't happen.

Going back to the image part, Microsoft has not shyed away from using X1's backwards compatibility as a selling point and rightfully so. PS4 can't play PS3 games last I checked but the XBox 1 can play a growing list of 360 games. This is opportunity for Microsoft: someone who owns 360 games and has not purchased an X1 would see another reason to invest in an X1. The convenience of being able to play 360 games on their X1 much like people who bought a PS2 could play PS1 games on it. Someone with PS3 games might hold back on buying a PS4 since the PS4 don't do PS3 games.

Intrinsic said:

And just in case you didn't know it, the single biggest contributor to the legs of a console or what "persuades someone to pick up a console" is word of mouth and and social circles. 

How do you know this is the biggest contributor? I'm sure word of mouth and social circles are contributors but the biggest?

Speaking of word of mouth, there's positive word of mouth in this very thread with the way Microsoft has been handling their console.