By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Zelda:BotW delay is going to happen, Wii U version will be cancelled.

archer9234 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

I'm not saying you're not a Nintendo fan if you don't want the Switch, I'm just saying I can't imagine why a Nintendo fan wouldn't want the Switch if all we've heard is true. It sounds afforadble, the concept of having both the handheld and home console together is fantastic, and there already sounds like there will be a plethora of worthwhile games out of the gate. Basically not wanting a Switch is just plain not wanting to play Nintendo games anymore, since this is their one and only platform going forward and it's not outrageously unaffordable. 

Because everything said about the switch. Was mirrored with the Wii U. Simple as that. I won't buy a switch, intill the system proves it won't be a flop. I wait for that. In till than, not buying it. My Wii U was a an annoying waste of money. And canceling BOTW isn't gonna make me want a Switch. It would make me ignore Nintendo more.

That's just not true. Wii U was never claimed as Nintendo's sole console going forward, tons of people thought the gamepad was a waste and a gimmick from the get go, Ubisoft was really the only third party developer ever on board with it, and we knew right away it was going to have a rough launch lineup. I can understand why you would take a wait and see approach after Wii U, but to say it is mirroring how Wii U looked prior to launch isn't really true. It definitely is more promising  in every single way. And that also includes a better launch price. 

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
archer9234 said:

Because everything said about the switch. Was mirrored with the Wii U. Simple as that. I won't buy a switch, intill the system proves it won't be a flop. I wait for that. In till than, not buying it. My Wii U was a an annoying waste of money. And canceling BOTW isn't gonna make me want a Switch. It would make me ignore Nintendo more.

That's just not true. Wii U was never claimed as Nintendo's sole console going forward, tons of people thought the gamepad was a waste and a gimmick from the get go, Ubisoft was really the only third party developer ever on board with it, and we knew right away it was going to have a rough launch lineup. I can understand why you would take a wait and see approach after Wii U, but to say it is mirroring how Wii U looked prior to launch isn't really true. It definitely is more promising  in every single way. And that also includes a better launch price. 

Bullshit. Everyone is acting the same way. Saying the system is unquie and will have partenerships etc. etc etc. Up the ass etc. It's more promising to you. Not to me.

Seems very unlikely. It's been developed on that platform for most of this time. It'd piss off too many of their most loyal fans.

archer9234 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Bullshit. Everyone is acting the same way. Saying the system is unquie and will have partenerships etc. etc etc. Up the ass etc. It's more promising to you. Not to me.

But they're not selling it on a gimmick this time. Having a handheld and home console in one is a completely logical idea to move the industry forward. The gamepad/motion controls were a gimmick. And we've heard about more rumored NX launch games then games that we heard about in the Wii U's first year. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
archer9234 said:

But they're not selling it on a gimmick this time. Having a handheld and home console in one is a completely logical idea to move the industry forward. The gamepad/motion controls were a gimmick. And we've heard about more rumored NX launch games then games that we heard about in the Wii U's first year. 

This guy has been clearly trolling you all thread with the "ignorant crybaby" routine.

Essentially he's trying to get you worked up by making false points and then having a tantrum about them. Don't fall for it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

They will release a Wii U version, why not make 2 million more sales ?!

Rab said:
They will release a Wii U version, why not make 2 million more sales ?!

Well if the game wasn't released on WiiU a good amount of those 2 million would buy the Switch copy instead.

But yeah unless Zelda is delayed to Holiday 2017, it'll release on WiiU.

Lets wait for Eurogamer and Emily Rogers to release a rumor about it getting cancelled.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Barkley said:

But yeah unless Zelda is delayed to Holiday 2017, it'll release on WiiU.

The scary thing is, BotW releasing two years late in holiday 2017 is not that farfetched. Hell, at this point it would not shock me if it gets a delay to fucking 2018. It's Nintendo's The Last Guardian.

Nintendo updated the Zelda website and shows only the Wii U box art. It's just going to be another TP. I mean Gamecube got nothing first party for over a year and TP was it and still sold nearly 2 million copies so there is at least a couple million BotW sales on Wii U plus Wii U first party sales are overall pretty good.