By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ‘Don’t report rape in Dubai,’ tourists warned after ‘gang raped’ British woman arrested and charged

Ka-pi96 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I condemn the act of rape, but I'm not going condemn anyone or an entire country without any factual evidence okay. I hope I made myself clear on that.

Didn`t stop you from bashing those that were condemning them though...

DId I hurt your feelings or something? You take that as bashing? All I said was that I find it strange to focus on the country, instead of the individuals that committed the act. You know the punishment for rape in UAE is death, so I think they take these things seriously.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

People should really know what these countries are like.

If this happens, don't report it! Leave asap.

deskpro2k3 said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps because we don't know who are the people and that independent of who they are their behavior is despicable... but encarcerating someone as having non-marital sex when the person was raped is completely bonkers, but you preffer to concentrate on the unknow guys and the woman possibly be lying.

Ka-pi96 said:

So now it`s gone to bashing the woman? Yeah.... makes much more sense to bash the country. It doesn`t even matter if she`s lying or not, she at least deserves to have the case properly investigated and not just `oh you might be lying so we`re just going to execute you` that`s just a pathetic justice system.

I condemn the act of rape, but I'm not going condemn anyone or an entire country without any factual evidence okay. I hope I made myself clear on that.

No you aren't clear at all.

This isn't a isolated case of "someone reported a false crime and therefore is jailed", this is a cultural phenomenon on arabic countries to jail and even kill woman on base of sharia and threat a woman that suffered (or may have) rape as the criminal itself because she had extra-marital sex. Doesn't that seems a lot more worrysome than the action of the 2 guys?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LadyJasmine said:
People go to Dubai as its like Las Vegas but minus the 'sin' however for Westerners you have to be very careful how you act.

How should I act to avoid getting gang raped?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

All I see here are male guys who have no idea how is it being a women from such countries

-wearing a short dress, your a slut
- you had a few drinks, its open season.
- you were alone with a guy, you had sex you 'whore'
- Oh you got assaulted, its your fault you slut

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Didn`t stop you from bashing those that were condemning them though...

DId I hurt your feelings or something? You take that as bashing? All I said was that I find it strange to focus on the country, instead of the individuals that committed the act. You know the punishment for rape in UAE is death, so I think they take these things seriously.

Do you always ask if you hurt someone's feelings when a person disagrees with your arguments?

That aside, it's not strange to focus on the country when its government enforces such regressive laws such as punishing rape victims rather harshly. And as I mentioned earlier, the woman was arrested after reporting the rape. The officials didn't arrest her because they caught her lying when holding an investigation.

Mr Puggsly said:
Hiku said:

Anyway, I heard about this, and it's ridiculous. I hope no women travel there on vacation. They don't deserve your money.

Or maybe its the place to be if you're looking to get gang raped.

If people wanna keep going there knowing the problems, so be it I guess.

On a sidenote, all this talk about Dubai makes me wanna play some Spec Ops.

See, victim blaming is not limited to the Middle East!

What a fucked place. I wouldn't be caught dead there, not even for the plethora of exotic cars rotting in the sand.

VGPolyglot said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Or maybe its the place to be if you're looking to get gang raped.

If people wanna keep going there knowing the problems, so be it I guess.

On a sidenote, all this talk about Dubai makes me wanna play some Spec Ops.

Threats exist and always will, I suggest lowering your odds of being a victim.

This is why I have guns and improve my ability to defend myself. So I can better handle threats and protect people.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
VGPolyglot said:

Threats exist and always will, I suggest lowering your odds of being a victim.

This is why I have guns and improve my ability to defend myself. So I can better handle threats and protect people.

But still, your mind defaulted on "the woman shouldn't have gone there" instead of "a woman shouldn't have to worry about getting raped when she goes outside". Also, I'm not sure about the last line, because I'm not against the second amendment.