By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ‘Don’t report rape in Dubai,’ tourists warned after ‘gang raped’ British woman arrested and charged

i find it strange that most of the replies here is focus on bashing the country, rather than those two english men.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Seventizz said:
Why would any westerner visit such a horrific country/region?

Because Dubai is not really a horrific place.  It's a Vegasy type area with lots of really great attractions.  Theme parks, shopping, night clubs, skiing, etc.  Not all of the middle east is a war torn desert.  

Yeah, we're seeing how it's not a horrific place...

Lawlight said:
JWeinCom said:

Because Dubai is not really a horrific place.  It's a Vegasy type area with lots of really great attractions.  Theme parks, shopping, night clubs, skiing, etc.  Not all of the middle east is a war torn desert.  

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

I guess I have to show you this again.

JWeinCom said:
Lawlight said:

No one is stopping you from defending that terrible country. You already defend terrible people anyway. Also, this is not anecdotal - it shows how bad the justice system is.

Lawlight said:
JWeinCom said:

No one is stopping you from defending that terrible country. You already defend terrible people anyway. Also, this is not anecdotal - it shows how bad the justice system is.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Have another one. 

The conversation I was having was about why people would go to the region, and I was pointing out why people would go there, because it's not the type of place he was referring to.  And yes, it is anecdotal evidence, because one example of something that is horrible in Dubai does not show that it is horrible altogether, and wouldn't show why no westerner should ever want to go there.  

You're again taking my posts out of context, again using logical fallacies, you're not adding personal attacks to the mix, and you generally seem more interested in provoking than having any kind of actual conversation.  If that's what you're going to do, then just don't address me anymore.  I'll be doing the same.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Lawlight said:

Have another one. 

The conversation I was having was about why people would go to the region, and I was pointing out why people would go there, because it's not the type of place he was referring to.  And yes, it is anecdotal evidence, because one example of something that is horrible in Dubai does not show that it is horrible altogether, and wouldn't show why no westerner should ever want to go there.  

You're again taking my posts out of context, again using logical fallacies, you're not adding personal attacks to the mix, and you generally seem more interested in provoking than having any kind of actual conversation.  If that's what you're going to do, then just don't address me anymore.  I'll be doing the same.

Maybe it is but it doesn't stop my point from being true.

Lawlight said:
JWeinCom said:

Have another one. 

Maybe it is but it doesn't stop my point from being true.

Taking my quotes out of context, using logical fallacies, and making personal attacks doesn't stop your point from being true... ummmmm... sure.  

Well, it seems we're in agreement then.  If you want to have an actual conversation feel free to quote me.  If not, don't.

People go to Dubai as its like Las Vegas but minus the 'sin' however for Westerners you have to be very careful how you act.

Saudi Arabia 'may jail woman who posted video of husband groping housemaid'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-may-jail-woman-who-posted-video-of-husband-cheating-with-housemaid-a6683651.html

HAHAHAH. Done a little research and it led me to an even more ridiculous story, read in the link above.

He's grapping her by the pussy, thank you Trump for normalizing such vile acts.

bonzobanana said:
Fei-Hung said:
Well this is who the British wanted to lead the Arabs after the Ottomans. These are the allies of the west. Violent and twisted men, hand picked by the powers that be to serve and destroy.

That sounds like a twisted explanation. Makes it sound like the ottoman empire was not warlike and commiting horrible atrocities, like the ethic cleansing of millions of people that may have inspired Hitler. 

The issue here is the religion which treats women as inferiors which effects everything including justice. It would have been the same in the ottoman empire or Saudi Arabia and you hear the same issues going on in most muslim countries.  Basically male muslims are the highest form of human and everyone else is below it.  The pecking order was probably important. If it had been a muslim woman raped by christian men or a muslim man sexually assaulted by muslim women they probably would have done something.  If your higher up the pecking order you get to abuse all those below you.

I remember hearing that when you visit Dubai you occasionally come across very arroggent male locals who may push you aside and not care about being extremely rude and dis-courteous and the advice was just keep your head down.  Many of the workers building property in Dubai are basically slaves in all but name only.  It's a different culture without equality.

Still saying that Dubai looks incredible and I'd love to visit there. 

You missed the point entirely, which most people who dislike and have a twisted view of the faith do. 

The point was that the Arabs left in charge picked by the British follow a twisted version of Islam. it's not mainstream Islam, it's their own version which is built entirely to support them and them alone. their laws often clash against Muslim beliefs and under Islamic ruling their punishments would be wrong. 

Your version of what Italian is and what Muslims are is just as twisted add them. you only further empower these idiots by giving their twisted views credibility.