By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nvidia: Porting PS4, Xbox One, and PC games to Nintendo Switch is simple

Miyamotoo said:
Xen said:
This is good news and all, with technical details even, but why is Nvidia doing the PR Nintendo should be doing, exactly ?

Because Nintendo is in start of holiday season and they want to sell currently available products and not talk about Switch that will be available in March, full reveal of Switch is on 12. January.

Ah? This makes so sense at all, as people already know it's coming and what kind of an experience they should expect -> effect on current product sales already there. Not to mention that Nvidia says all the things Nintendo needs to say, with rumor-mongers adding to the fire.

Around the Network
Xen said:
This is good news and all, with technical details even, but why is Nvidia doing the PR Nintendo should be doing, exactly ?

If Nintendo told us this, we would never believe it. Even with this coming straight from Nvidia and possibly other developers, people are going to remain incredulous. Why?

You could have nearly every PS4/X1 3rd party game released 2013-2017 on the Switch on launch day, and people would still say....

"Eh... lets see if it really gets 3rd party support..."

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

OnyxPhoenix said:
gatito said:
Nintendo is rising like a phoenix.

yup, just like a phenix keeps rising from it's ashes, Nintendo keeps failing from it's flops

I thought they failed from their success. Every day we learn something new.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Xen said:
Miyamotoo said:

Because Nintendo is in start of holiday season and they want to sell currently available products and not talk about Switch that will be available in March, full reveal of Switch is on 12. January.

Ah? This makes so sense at all, as people already know it's coming and what kind of an experience they should expect -> effect on current product sales already there. Not to mention that Nvidia says all the things Nintendo needs to say, with rumor-mongers adding to the fire.

Switch is successor to 3DS also (not just to WiiU) and they still want to sell 3DS and Pokemon this holiday season, so if they talk about and promote Switch now that definatle efect on sales of 3DS and Pokemon, that's why we having full Switch reveal after Holiday season and that's why Nintendo said they will not talk about Switch before that.

Pavolink said:
OnyxPhoenix said:

yup, just like a phenix keeps rising from it's ashes, Nintendo keeps failing from it's flops

Wii U failed from the Flop known as Wii and Switch will fail from the Flop known as Wii U, simple as that, Nintendo is not capable to make gaming conesoles again

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Xen said:

If Nintendo told us this, we would never believe it. Even with this coming straight from Nvidia and possibly other developers, people are going to remain incredulous. Why?

You could have nearly every PS4/X1 3rd party game released 2013-2017 on the Switch on launch day, and people would still say....

"Eh... lets see if it really gets 3rd party support..."

And yet, whether the majority of the gaming community believed it or not, in order to prove that they've learned something from the failure of the Wii U, it's Nintendo that should give out technical details and do PR for their own product... and a launch day lineup with (proven!) games  from PS4/XBO coming would be quite convincing as well.

Even if it is a similar architecture, it still has to overcome the gap in power. I doubt it will be as simple as lowering the resolution and turning down a couple effects. There is a real power gap between Switch and the twins. There will be games that will not be possible. This means that Switch will be missing 3rd party games.

OnyxPhoenix said:
Pavolink said:

Wii U failed from the Flop known as Wii and Switch will fail from the Flop known as Wii U, simple as that, Nintendo is not capable to make gaming conesoles again

I learned today another thing: Wii was a flop.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

OnyxPhoenix said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah, Wii was a flop. Guess the PS3 and 360 was bigger flops then.

This doesn't really say anything about the hardware capabilities of the device. I think we all knew Switch would be shader model 5 compliant and whatever the PS4/XB1 support.

I wait and see if the Switch really is capable of running current gen games and not just games like remasters or sports titles, especially when they'll have to optimise for the portable part of the device.