By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Splatoon packed with Switch, new 3D Mario and Skyrim on launch, Mario Kart 8 remaster..

KLXVER said:

So if the Switch has 50 new games at launch, but you only want the new 3D Mario game, then what?

Then congratulations, the Switch lineup is amazing for you, for two reasons: you have 50 new games, making it the most diverse and fresh lineup in history, and you have Mario. Find me someone who wouldn't want to play 50 different new games and just Mario, though. Making up twisted hypotetical scenarios are never a good argument, because you can basically make all the criteria you want without it even adhering to a real-life scenario. Not that this scenario you propose is, in any way, benefitial to the whole discussion.

Around the Network
Wright said:
KLXVER said:

So if the Switch has 50 new games at launch, but you only want the new 3D Mario game, then what?

Then congratulations, the Switch lineup is amazing for you, for two reasons: you have 50 new games, making it the most diverse and fresh lineup in history, and you have Mario. Find me someone who wouldn't want to play 50 different new games and just Mario, though. Making up twisted hypotetical scenarios are never a good argument, because you can basically make all the criteria you want without it even adhering to a real-life scenario. Not that this scenario you propose is, in any way, benefitial to the whole discussion.

That wasnt the point...

KLXVER said:

That wasnt the point...

What was the point, then?

Pavolink said:
teigaga said:

You mean the system which launched with the world wide phenomenon called Wii sports and a gamecube port?

Yes, the system where 3 of every 4 Wii's sold had a TP copy

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-600000-wiis-served/1100-6162373/

And 4 of every 4 sold had a copy of Wii sports. Whats your point? If you want to position the success of the Wii on a game which had an attach rate less than 1/10, you're onto a losing game. Zelda is a great launch title, as is 3D Mario. The success of the platform is not dependent on any one game unless we're talking about a phenomenom like Wii Sports. 

If people would be willing to buy switch for one Zelda game in March (most won't, TP sold most of its units after 6months), they'll do the same "several" months later.

Totally called, on this forum too, that Skyrim on switch would have mods but only with in-game assets, just like PS4 version.

Also this rumor, if true, proves switch games can go beyond the standard 16GB, as Skyrim is too large a game to be held on 16GB. 32GB is a safe bet. 

i can't wait to take Skyrim, splatoon and Zelda on the go.

Around the Network
Wright said:
KLXVER said:

That wasnt the point...

What was the point, then?

My point is that you argue for more games at launch. Well if there is 50 new games at launch, but you only want one of them. Then how does that benfit you?

Okey, reading the posts I think people are asuming those are the only launch games. And I can agree that with just three games it would be utter shit. But I expect those to be the heavy hitters, and it would have some third party ganes on launch.

KLXVER said:

My point is that you argue for more games at launch. Well if there is 50 new games at launch, but you only want one of them. Then how does that benfit you?

And just like I said earlier, this very-specific criteria argument benefits no one in this discussion. Can you name me someone who would have 50 games at launch, but only want one of them? Is there a person that fits this bill, that we could somehow make a case around him or her?

teigaga said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, the system where 3 of every 4 Wii's sold had a TP copy

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-600000-wiis-served/1100-6162373/

And 4 of every 4 sold had a copy of Wii sports. Whats your point? If you want to position the success of the Wii on a game which had an attach rate less than 1/10, you're onto a losing game. Zelda is a great launch title, as is 3D Mario. The success of the platform is not dependent on any one game unless we're talking about a phenomenom like Wii Sports. 

If people would be willing to buy switch for one Zelda game in March (most won't, TP sold most of its units after 6months), they'll do the same "several" months later.

Lol, attach rate. Which game do you think was more profitable to Nintendo? Mk8 with its impressive attach rate on Wii U? Or MK Wii with its average attach rate?

Also Wii Sports was a pack in, excep in Japan. Lol.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wright said:
KLXVER said:

And just like I said earlier, this very-specific criteria argument benefits no one in this discussion. Can you name me someone who would have 50 games at launch, but only want one of them? Is there a person that fits this bill, that we could somehow make a case around him or her?

There has been many times where I only want one game at a launch. Whats the big deal? Its not like theres the launch and then no games for 6 months...

I dont get your argument. How many launch games you want to play must a console have before you buy it?