By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Splatoon packed with Switch, new 3D Mario and Skyrim on launch, Mario Kart 8 remaster..

Wright said:
KLXVER said:

I know third parties are like cancer on a Nintendo platform for many, but at least give them a chance.

From that list Miyamotoo posted, where's a third party game that's new?

Its obviously not a complete list. 3 games at launch? Thats ridiculous.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Its obviously not a complete list. 3 games at launch? Thats ridiculous.

Well, Nautilus was defending the lineup already without having more data based on Mario alone, so my point still stands. And I don't see any new third party game anywhere in the list, so why would anyone defend this particular list right now, one that even takes away Zelda for a few months, is beyond me.

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

A new 3D Mario which seems to be in veins of Mario 64 makes for a terrible launch?When did that happen?

Well excuse me, I like to play more than one new game when I buy a console.

Oh, if thats the worry, I wouldnt worry much.Nintendo is bound to announce more(and third partys too) and even though Mario will be the big launch game and Nintendo may give some space betwenn big titles(so that they dont canabalize each other sales), I think there will be a steady flow of games.In the worst case scenario, you will be holding off a few months before buying it !!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pavolink said:
So, packed with a Wii U port, and Zelda SEVERAL months after launch, like november. Good job Nintendo, if this is real you already fucked the launch.

Thankfully you only forecasted 2million.

The success of a Nintendo platform has never hinged on Zelda. They just need a good line up for first year.

Miyamotoo said:
Wright said:

Well, I know this is just based on rumours and there's nothing concrete, so things can change, but...

...but that's a damn terrible launch plan so far.

First, this is not complete list, if look you will see those are only games Nintendo showed or we heard in one or other way, we basically don't know anything about any new games, but offcourse there will be new games we curently dont know about.

Second, for now this launch plan looks like killer launch plan not terrible (lol), new 3D Mario game with Splatoon remaster will alone sell tons of consoles, Skyrim will also help for people who dont want only Nintendo games, followed by one most popular and one of best MK game ever, followed by one most hyped Nintendo games ever Zelda BotW, followed by remaster of one bes Smash Bros game ever white tons of content.

So basically for now you have 3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Smash Bros, MK and great new IP like Splatoon in single year, thats for now basically one of Nintendo strongest 1st year line up for now and we will definatly have some more new games also.

Barkley said:

What worries me is that Mario Kart/Smash Ports and Zelda or all post launch, makes you wonder if there'll be many first party releases other then those three before holiday 2017. Those three games should have been launch window, well at the very least Mario Kart and Zelda.

If look you will see those are only games Nintendo showed or we heard in one or other way, we basically don't know anything about any new games, but offcourse there will be new games we curently dont know about.

4 of those 5 games you mentioned are Wii U ports. And the more exciting one is several months after launch. That's by far one of their worst lineups.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Wright said:

Well excuse me, I like to play more than one new game when I buy a console.

Oh, if thats the worry, I wouldnt worry much.Nintendo is bound to announce more(and third partys too) and even though Mario will be the big launch game and Nintendo may give some space betwenn big titles(so that they dont canabalize each other sales), I think there will be a steady flow of games.In the worst case scenario, you will be holding off a few months before buying it !!!

My point is, they should announce new games for the day one lineup launch. Telling me to wait a few months because Mario ends up being the only new game is kind of telling me that the day one lineup is lackuster and I should wait for some games to come up, which is basically the same situation.

teigaga said:
Pavolink said:
So, packed with a Wii U port, and Zelda SEVERAL months after launch, like november. Good job Nintendo, if this is real you already fucked the launch.

Thankfully you only forecasted 2million.

The success of a Nintendo platform has never hinged on Zelda. They just need a good line up for first year.

Wii launch says hi.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I still hope that rumor from Emily Rogers how people who already own the game on the Wii U will get the Switch version for Free/get discount is true.

And that discount better be more than 50%. And our account is able to be transferred.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wright said:
Nautilus said:

My point is, they should announce new games for the day one lineup launch. Telling me to wait a few months because Mario ends up being the only new game is kind of telling me that the day one lineup is lackuster and I should wait for some games to come up, which is basically the same situation.

You haven't heard of the upcoming movie "The January 12 Reveal"? =o 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pavolink said:
teigaga said:

Wii launch says hi.

You mean the system which launched with the world wide phenomenon called Wii sports and a gamecube port?