By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: FFXV 90+ on metacritic (PS4/PS4 Pro)

Tagged games:

Your prediction!

90-95 20 29.41%

85-90 48 70.59%

Total:68

If you followed this game in the last months you would be arriving at the same conclusion as me.

I'll give you my reasons:

1- Deep Lore. FFXV has a whole series and a movie to expand the universe beyond the game. It's a wise decision, the game is too big for it's own good and having a whole game trying to explain everything is impossible. A deep plot and great characters are important in an RPG (even more than gameplay) and I have the feeling that Square Enix has a great story to tell, prepared to be amazed.

2- ATB to action. People don't want to engage in boring battles anymore. SE ditched the old ATB system to give us a new action battle system. It's fast, it's chaotic, it's... ok. It gives us enough while taking enough. It's a balanced equilibrium, they give us the best story ever told in an RPG and a cool battle system that ticks all the right boxes without going much further.

3- No female party members. In this day and age female characters are being treated as sexual objects in videogames. This is (sadly) the truth in the testosterone infused gaming industry. Square Enix understood where the industry was going so they decided to go the other way. Creating an all male party and focusing on their interaction! There are, of course, female characters in FFXV but they are far from being sexual objects. They are strong and beautiful, and they aren't even playable!

4-10 year wait. This could be seen as a negative by everyone but it's actually a positive point. Hype is like a snowball, the more it rolls the bigger it gets. This game had 10 years worth of hype. People are worried that "it won't live up to the hype" but that's not the real point. A game doesn't "have to live up" to anything. Hype is like publicity, there is no such thing as bad publicty. All the hype that this game has is positive., the sales are going to be "through the roof" once the game comes out.

5- PS4 Pro. This game has a PS4 Pro version. A great looking game is going to become an even more beautiful game. Whoever thinks this isn't going to be a positive is nuts.

This game has a very high probability of breaking the 90 mark based on my calculations.

Final prediction: 92.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

There is a FFXV meta prediction thread.

edit : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222584

Oh shit, those are some excellent points.

You've convinced me. Possible GOTY incoming?

You are going to win anyone favor saying that turn based system is boring or with the no female argument lol

Personally I dont think it will pass 90.I dont know, I dont feel like its going to be that good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Anfebious said:

There are, of course, female characters in FFXV but they are far from being sexual objects.

Yep. All that comes to mind is "Wonder how this strong woman decided to become a mechanic?" and "I would love to hear her opinion on females in the workforce".

Oh, just noticed her breasts are almost as big as her head and barely covered. Im weird and tend to notice these small details though. You guys are probably wondering how I noticed that after just watching the gif for a minute or two.

Around the Network

89 is my guess but if its even 1 point above XIII than its a success in my eyes xD

KLXVER said:

Anfebious said:

There are, of course, female characters in FFXV but they are far from being sexual objects.

Yep. All that comes to mind is "Wonder how this strong woman decided to become a mechanic?" and "I would love to hear her opinion on females in the workforce".

Oh, just noticed her breasts are almost as big as her head and barely covered. Im weird and tend to notice these small details though. You guys are probably wondering how I noticed that after just watching the gif for a minute or two.

What's your problem with big breasts? She is a strong woman, working at a job that is commonly associated with males. You are just jealous of her beauty.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

snip

Best FFXV box art ever!

Brexist

Trump

Nothing is unlikely anymore.

Anfebious said:
KLXVER said:

What's your problem with big breasts? She is a strong woman, working at a job that is commonly associated with males. You are just jealous of her beauty.

I have nothing against big breasts or developers creating sexy woman, but saying shes not a sexual object is a bit silly. Lets at least be honest about it.