By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Path Forward for Democratic Party?

They could also get a Liberal version of Trump, someone who simply is successful in an area besides politics.

Around the Network

I want to give input but unsure of how VGC tolerates politics. Was just banned on GAF for not tolerating a "you can't be racist against white people" mindset and dealing with constant attacks, despite fighting for Bernie and Hillary for the last 18 months and losing real world friends due to it. It's actually the first time I've ever been banned from a forum.

I feel so conflicted right now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

I want to give input but unsure of how VGC tolerates politics. Was just banned on GAF for not tolerating a "you can't be racist against white people" mindset and dealing with constant attacks, despite fighting for Bernie and Hillary for the last 18 months and losing real world friends due to it. It's actually the first time I've ever been banned from a forum.

You can be racist against any race! Regardless of how common or uncommon it is! :)

Hope that helps you feel less alone, just don't want to steer the convo in the wrong direction.

Euphoria14 said:

GAF is still pushing that mindset? You'd think that GAF would self-reflect and stop being a hivemind, but instead the people there double down.

Aura7541 said:
Euphoria14 said:

GAF is still pushing that mindset? You'd think that GAF would self-reflect and stop being a hivemind, but instead the people there double down.

Didn't think I would be, but I'm very upset with what happened today.

I was a big, and I mean BIG Bernie guy. I've argued at work, at home, you name it. I've grown up in mainly minority neighborhoods and even to this day feel more at ease with minorities than I do whites, and I am white.

Ive rallied, ive argued, ive lost friends and coworkers from this election doing what I felt was right. All of this recorded on GAF.

Even still I was ganged up on after a ban. I was attacked while supporting Bernie. I just cannot understand. I don't know how to think politically these days.

Best way to put it? On election night I saw people banned, yet a post stating "fuck white people" outlasted them all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

Illegal immigrants don't just compete for jobs and lower the minimum wage, they benefit from welfare, they have kids and these kids go to free schools and that costs America, and they don't pay tax (Except for sales tax?), and some even take English classes to integrate. I don't see how this helps the working class.

This in and of itself is a controversial topic, but the position for undocumented/illegal immigrants being beneficial is that they perform jobs for extremely low wages; in some cases, less than $2.00 an hour. Many of these are jobs in agriculture by farms that already have some difficulty making profits. The argument is essentially that, without illegal immigration, those jobs would have to be replaced by Americans, which would drive a number of farms out of business and cause the prices of food to spike.

I don't have a definitive position on it myself, but the argument is there to be made that whatever drain on welfare is made up for by supporting the agriculture industry and keeping food prices down. Admittedly, you have to walk an extremely thin tightrope to avoid sounding like you're actively condoning below minimum wage pay, but Clinton didn't even try to defend the "it's not bad for the economy" position.

Euphoria14 said:
Aura7541 said:

Didn't think I would be, but I'm very upset with what happened today.

I was a big, and I mean BIG Bernie guy. I've argued at work, at home, you name it. I've grown up in mainly minority neighborhoods and even to this day feel more at ease with minorities than I do whites, and I am white.

Ive rallied, ive argued, ive lost friends and coworkers from this election doing what I felt was right. All of this recorded on GAF.

Even still I was ganged up on after a ban. I was attacked while supporting Bernie. I just cannot understand. I don't know how to think politically these days.

Best way to put it? On election night I saw people banned, yet a post stating "fuck white people" outlasted them all.

If it means we'll get you back, I welcome the ban

Seriously though, tell us what you think. 

MTZehvor said:
LurkerJ said:

This in and of itself is a controversial topic, but the position for undocumented/illegal immigrants being beneficial is that they perform jobs for extremely low wages; in some cases, less than $2.00 an hour. Many of these are jobs in agriculture by farms that already have some difficulty making profits. The argument is essentially that, without illegal immigration, those jobs would have to be replaced by Americans, which would drive a number of farms out of business and cause the prices of food to spike.

I don't have a definitive position on it myself, but the argument is there to be made that whatever drain on welfare is made up for by supporting the agriculture industry and keeping food prices down. Admittedly, you have to walk an extremely thin tightrope to avoid sounding like you're actively condoning below minimum wage pay, but Clinton didn't even try to defend the "it's not bad for the economy" position.

All and all, It seems like Trump will not push through his plan to deport all illegal immigrants is taking a backseat. 

The Democrats lost an election they were heavily favoured to win. Trump is US President it does not get any worse for the Democrats. It will be a very long time before the Democrats win their way back into power. Trump will serve out two terms and it would not surprise me that the next Republican Presidents serve for the next 2 or 3 terms after Trumps 2 terms. All up it could be 16 to 20 years before the Democrats return to government.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
The Democrats lost an election they were heavily favoured to win. Trump is US President it does not get any worse for the Democrats. It will be a very long time before the Democrats win their way back into power. Trump will serve out two terms and it would not surprise me that the next Republican Presidents serve for the next 2 or 3 terms after Trumps 2 terms. All up it could be 16 to 20 years before the Democrats return to government.

Funny, this was the sentiment about the republicans months before the elections.