By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Path Forward for Democratic Party?

Lefil said:
Scisca said:
How about the Democrats just disbanded and called it quits? I mean, nobody needs them. They are laughing stock abroad, nobody respects them and they push for the most moronic leftist ideological ideas know to man. They have nothing positive to offer, so just leave.

As a Japanese who lives in Japan, I have to say you are totally wrong. Most of Japanese people think Trump is a joke. We are baffled by how he lacks a basic understanding of the Japan-U.S. security alliance. This election shows that many Americans lack the understanding of how very real the consequences of American politics are for many countries.

I think ... that was a joke.  The idea of one party "leaving" is just silly.

Around the Network

If Trump legitimately improves the economy, then the Democrats have no chance in 2020. If he doesn't do much for the economy, then Democrats will have an easy walk-in.

With that said, I agree with Soundwave that they need to ditch the neoliberalism and actually represent progressive and liberal values. Also, please no more Clintons, ever.

Imo Hillary Victory would have doomed the Democrats regardless anyways and would have won in the 2020's with ease. The negativity around her and biased media would have ripped her to shreds as President and lets be honest she would have done some shady nonsense unlike Obama as that is her character .

Imo I think Trump victory will allow the Democrats to reset and actually pursue an actually change agenda then small incremental victories that Obama achieved that can be quickly reversed .

zero129 said:
pokoko said:

Hillary supporter?  What are you talking about?  Oh, you're one of those people who have to praise one and hate the other while refusing to look at either one from an objective standpoint.  Ugh.  I don't want to have anything to do with that kind of mentality, please go bother someone else who likes to play those games.

Someone isnt happy ...

By the way i didnt bother you. your the one who replyed to me then didnt like my reply back to you, so trust me i dont like your kind of mentality also. But then its the same as "most" but not all hillary supporters is to attack then point blame.. if your not one you do a very good job of acting like one..

Uh ... what?  What are you even talking about?  You replied to my post from like two weeks ago, for some reason, and now you're pretending otherwise?  Might want to get your facts straight, champ.

As for your belief that no one can discuss Trump unless they either love him or else they're a "Hillary supporter", that's just ignorant.  That sheep-like, partisan mentality is part of the problem with trying to have a rational discussion about politics.  Unless you bow down in praise and blind adulation for one side and spout hatred for the other, people get all upset.

"But, but ... u said something almost kind of sort of maybe bad about Trump!!  U r must be Hillary Supporter!!"  

I really want no part of that childish way of thinking.  I refuse to bind myself to any political party and drink their koolaid simply because they tell me what to think.  You want to do that, that is your business, but don't make the mistake of thinking everyone else is like that.  

Personally, I abstained from voting this election and I want both sides to know that they will not win my support unless they deliver better candidates.  That clear enough for you?

No more identity politics.