By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Path Forward for Democratic Party?

"I am not quite sure how you run a campaign for presidency and not go to Wisconsin. What does that mean?"

Sanders blaming Hillary for not rallying enough in a TV interview (charlie rose I think?). He ripped her a new one lol

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

"I am not quite sure how you run a campaign for presidency and not go to Wisconsin. What does that mean?"

Sanders blaming Hillary for not rallying enough in a TV interview (charlie rose I think?). He ripped her a new one lol

Hillary really took the election for granted. From the "Why aren't I 50 points ahead?" outburst to labelling Pepe the Frog as a white supremacist symbol (not a joke) to blaming Russia all the damn time, a lot of people got sick of her incompetency.

LurkerJ said:

That's one major positive Trump has in his pocket already. People will see a difference being made with their eyes. "Bring back jobs" promise we'll be fulfilled, not in the way he was describing it, because those manufacturing/mining jobs are not coming back. But renovating the infrastructure will create tons of jobs.

Deporting undocumented illegal low-wage workers will increase the minimum wage naturally, the 2nd palpable positive.

Let us hope there are enough legal Mexicans left to work on the infrastructure.  Look at most road crews in Texas and a majority of them are Mexican.  Sure most maybe legal but I doubt it.

What I would like to see is the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) brought back which would then hire unemployed Americans.  CCC worked during the Great Depression and it would work now.  Only problem is republicans don't like big government (except military). 

I'll tell you what will probably happen.  It will be like the Iraq war with no bid contracts going to big republican donors contract companies that rape the shit out of the USA budget with overpriced and poor results contracts.  Might as well just build all toll roads that way the rich can get to work on time while everyone else is stuck in traffic on crumbling roads.  Private companies know best right?  You could have fooled me.

The best Democratic nominee lost to the worst Republican nominee. Guy didn't even try to win. George W Bush didn't lose re-election despite the Iraq War. Trump is likely to be around for 8.

VitaminZ said:
The best Democratic nominee lost to the worst Republican nominee. Guy didn't even try to win. George W Bush didn't lose re-election despite the Iraq War. Trump is likely to be around for 8.

That is because you had flip flopper Kerry (who flipped way less than Trump) running.  Cheney was also stating that a vote for democrats was a vote for terrorist.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/07/cheney.terror/

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/08/politics/campaign/cheney-warns-of-terror-risk-if-kerry-wins.html?_r=0

Around the Network

View on YouTube

Safe to say; lesson not learned.

Let's see who the next head of the DNC will be. Everything will flow from that.

LurkerJ said:

View on YouTube

Safe to say; lesson not learned.

TL;DR version: "I don't want to self-reflect. Instead, I'm going to point fingers at other people and further divide the left."

They need to start by cleaning up the corruption in the DNC. Which from what we're seeing they have no plans of doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Booker

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.