By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ah, I thought that was it....I wasn't really aware of any big news. I'm up pretty late too...watching South Park...need..sleep...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Aaaaahhh what a wonderful morning for some Smashing news...huh wait, you don´t live in Europe, do you? It´s morning here

Pretty nice stuff. This isn't anywhere near what I was hoping to see, but then again my expectations were insanely high. It's not like they made a huge announcement about the new site, just a counter with seven days. It does say daily updates, so hopefully we'll get to see some new characters soon. Is it just me, or do the graphics look vastly superior btw? I'm horrible with technical stuff, but it looks a lot brighter, like Halo 3 compared to its prequel. Oh, and there's still absolutely no official word on how the game will be controlled. Reggie hinted that we shouldn't throw away our GC-controllers sometime before E3 2006, and Sakurai stated in an interview that the game is not going to use "the special functions" of the wii remote during the game. Rather vague, but I think believe it means they won't use motion detection at all, and the the pointer ability only in menus. However all of this info is very old, none too strongly declared, and even if it was they'd probably change it before release. =P The rumours about many different control options sound the most reasonable to me. Huge fan of Melee and want to play with the same controllers? You can! New to gaming so you only got wiimote's and nunchuks? That's ok too! It would be even better if they'd allow mixing them up, for example 2 players with wiimotes, and 2 with GC-pads.

To think I was going to sleep. The madness with those other threads, oh the madness.

I thought all the control issues were well are truly sorted? In sort, they will allow *every* control system to play the game - but its not a waggle game (but they could add some). I read somewhere waggle might be used for the single-player (non-fighting) modes?

Expecting the game itself to be playable with every controller - Wiimote, Classic, GC... maybe even the DS? That could be cool ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Oh, and there's still absolutely no official word on how the game will be controlled.

IIRC, Sakurai stated that the game will not use motion detection. I'm not asking for waggle-controls, just saying that it's foolish not to use any angle detection or aiming abilities, for example. With the weaker success I mean that this game won't probably sell as much as Melee.

Oh joy http://gonintendo.com/?p=18281 also in Japanese page there is mention of 2007 release date...

Not in ANY COUNTRY IN EUROPE...

THANKS A LOT AGAIN NoE F..K YOU...

And again Europeans are getting short end of the stick...

Should we do a petition (like those never help) or should we all just e-mail them ?

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing from last post. I sended e-mail to the NoE. Here are the main points:

"Topic: About Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Brawl

Is any of these games heading to the Europe/Pal regions during 2007 ?
Me included people have been waiting Trauma Center to be published in Europe/Pal regions since Christmas.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption already have U.S. release date and no word for European/Pal release in 2007.
Still waiting for Super Paper Mario like everybody else in Europe/Pal regions.
And Super Smash Bros Brawl is not gonna get released in Europe/Pal regions in 2007 ?
In www.smashbros.com there is mention for 2007 release in every other page than European pages.
That we won't get games in Europe like Japan and U.S. is making people to import their consoles and some even mod them to play Ntsc-versions of the games because they can get them about ½ year or even earlier compared to Pal-releases.
Hopefully somebody will address these problem's and answer to this letter."

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Actually Trauma Center already has a date set. July 26. -_- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trauma_center:_second_opinion I played it on a friend's DS a while back and was going to get it when the Wii launched, but the delay annoyed me enough to change my mind. The same with Elebits: I was highly anticipating it, but bumping it by 6 months really killed my interest. I would treat Super Paper Mario the same otherwise, but I want it too much. =P

Punisher said:

Continuing from last post. I sended e-mail to the NoE. Here are the main points:

"Topic: About Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Brawl

Is any of these games heading to the Europe/Pal regions during 2007 ?
Me included people have been waiting Trauma Center to be published in Europe/Pal regions since Christmas.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption already have U.S. release date and no word for European/Pal release in 2007.
Still waiting for Super Paper Mario like everybody else in Europe/Pal regions.
And Super Smash Bros Brawl is not gonna get released in Europe/Pal regions in 2007 ?
In www.smashbros.com there is mention for 2007 release in every other page than European pages.
That we won't get games in Europe like Japan and U.S. is making people to import their consoles and some even mod them to play Ntsc-versions of the games because they can get them about ½ year or even earlier compared to Pal-releases.
Hopefully somebody will address these problem's and answer to this letter."

Sorry to inform you, but sending an email to NoE will be about as effective as feeding it into a shrinter. It will just get ignored.

if you want to have an actual effect, try sending a letter.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!