By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SSBB site up!

http://www.smashbros.com/

It's not the abundance of media and information I was hoping for, but this is certainly nice.

It's supposedly going to have daily updates...so that leaves room for a lot of info to be released over time...plenty to keep the hype going.

This is a good idea after all...it got a lot of hype...probably more than it should have...but now people are aware of the site, and people that don't know much about Super Smash Bros can learn about it, I'm sure there's quite a few casual Wii owners that don't know much about it...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Lots of musicians in this game...MGS, Nights, Kingdom Hearts...very sweet. Killer 7 composer even...a Killer 7 map perhaps? That would rock...and a Nights character seems likely too...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

NameWorks
Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Guns Of The Patriots /
Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
Arata IiyoshiPokémon Mystery Dungeon /
beatmania II DX
Asuka Ohta (Nintendo)New Super Mario Bros. /
Yoshi Touch&Go
Hajime Wakai (Nintendo)Pikmin series / Star Fox series
Jun Fukuda
(grasshopper manufacture inc.)
killer7 / contact
Kazumi Totaka (Nintendo)Animal Crossing series /
Yoshi series
Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
PROJECT SYLPHEED
Kenichi OkumaMelty Lancer series /
Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3
Kenji ItoROMANCING SAGA series /
CULDCEPT SAGA
Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo)Super Metroid /
Metroid Prime series
Kentaro Ishizaka
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.)
-
Koji HayamaCho Aniki / Ape Escape 2
Koji Kondo (Nintendo)Super Mario Bros. series /
The Legend of Zelda series
Masaaki IwasakiMOTHER3 / Chelnov (Genesis)
Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.)
killer7 / GOD HAND
Masato KoudaMonster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Michiko NarukeWild Arms series
Minako Hamano (Nintendo)Metroid Fusion
Motoi SakurabaGolden Sun series /
Mario Golf & Tennis series
Noriyuki IwadareGRANDIA series
Ryoji Yoshitomi (Nintendo)WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$!
Seiji MomoiMETEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods
Shogo Sakai
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.)
Super Smash Bros. Melee /
MOTHER3
Shota KageyamaLuminous Arc
Takahiro Nishi
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
GRANDIA series /
PROJECT SYLPHEED
Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI)NiGHTS
Toru Minegishi (Nintendo)The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Toshiyuki Sudo (Nintendo)Everybody Votes Channel
Tsukasa MasukoStar Force / Magical Starsign
Yasufumi FukudaKamaitachi no Yoru 2
Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.)
CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko ShimomuraKingdom Hearts series
Yuka TsujiyokoFire Emblem series
Yusuke Takahama
(TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.)
Digital Pinball series
Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.)
SYLPHEED series
Yuzo Koshiro (ANCIENT)ActRaiser / Street of Rage

List of the musicians on the game currently. Makes you wonder if the music is for certain characters.  Rumor and gossip start now. 

Edit: I mean now again until official news in a couple hours. Hey look someone from golden sun...I'm so pathetic.

LOL... its a real tease, with very little information. Ohh well, guess I'll be checking this daily to check for updates. The one nice thing - levels will have dynamic(?) day/night settings, maybe based on the real world time? Also - look at that list of musicians. Pretty crazy! This game is going to have a HEAP of content (they said 50? unique characters before??).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The site didnt crash, Im reasonably impressed.

Around the Network

I've said it before and I'll say it again: SSBB will not succeed as well as everybody would want to because the game's not built around Wiimote and nunchuk. Seriously, how many controllers they think people will buy? Let's say an average person would want to battle head-to-head offline and so buy 2 classic/GC controllers for the game. That would make it an over 100 € (50+30+30) game.

Yulegoat said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: SSBB will not succeed as well as everybody would want to because the game's not built around Wiimote and nunchuk. Seriously, how many controllers they think people will buy? Let's say an average person would want to battle head-to-head offline and so buy 2 classic/GC controllers for the game. That would make it an over 100 € (50+30+30) game.

I'll say this....your wrong.  All this hype you see is genuine.  That is, we don't want the game to do well, we want the f*cking game now.  Anyone who liked the last game will buy this one and probably already has a gc controller.  They said this would be online and that is what everyone who had the last game wanted. If they don't already own a controller they'll buy one.  Think of it this way, buy controller=online gameplay.  How many people payed for xbl?

Edit: Even if they don't give in, a used gc controller=$20 or less. Not that bad.

Also, ssbm was nintendo's number1 game for gc in terms of sales(around 6 million worldwide). It is also one of the most anticipated games for wii this time around. You don't know how long we've been waiting. I don't see how this game will fail just because it wasn't made with the wiimote in mind. You know what I thought and I'm sure many other ssb fans did when they announced that....good they would f*ck it up if they used the wiimote.

Edit: The guys who made brawl were MAJOR fans of Melee after all.

Also...it wouldn't be that hard to use Wiimote/nunchuck configuration anyway...which I'm half hoping for, because I only own one GC controller currently. All the right buttons are there, except for analog triggers, which isn't important.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Damn, I don't think were supposed to get any news until 9 or something.  Hmmm, I'm up pretty late but I still have 5 more hours to go.  I should probably go to bed just so it comes faster.