By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

My last post was ninja'd by miz's post above it, and (she?) [edit: he] makes a good point. And looking back on stefl's posts, he has been giving out some good facts, and asking for others to give reasons for their positions, but when he stated his own position he didn't give any justification for it. This is especially interesting when the information he's told us so far would seem to point in the opposite direction IMO.

Unvote spurgeonryan

FoS Stefl1504

Explain yourself.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

My last post was ninja'd by miz's post above it, and (she?) [edit: he] makes a good point. And looking back on stefl's posts, he has been giving out some good facts, and asking for others to give reasons for their positions, but when he stated his own position he didn't give any justification for it. This is especially interesting when the information he's told us so far would seem to point in the opposite direction IMO.

Unvote spurgeonryan

FoS Stefl1504

Explain yourself.

Well, my easiest justification for it is that I wanted to spawn conversation at a minimum. Following the math I pointed out in my same post I wouldn't have good argument for that either. Additionally I didn't want to convey that I am absolutely against a lynch...

I guess this was bad play of me not to justify myself from the beginning (with some "softer" reason as my actual one), I honestly thought it would be an easier stand-point to go aggressive from if I wanted people to explain why they wanted to lynch rather than not, since I expected it easier to find a shitty reason to lynch there from scum, rather than if someone was against the lynch.

Going by this, I am still against a lynch right now, because right now we are on the way to lynch me ;P

Stefl1504 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

In other news: nice memory you got there, Stefl.

Looking back at this, I...

Vote: Stefl1504

Seems like I gotta start to defend controversial opinons earlier than I thought, besides, profs claim isn't as clear cut as he makes it seem, because only because of the mafiosi BOTH mafiosi where tied with a townie. I just hope to get more reactions before this stuff came up.

Is this your defense? The only reason a townie was tied with the mafiosi was due to Mr.P setting up a mislynch. Something that should have been looked at by town in the following days, especially when Trucks flipped scum. That's information that would not have been available if we had just gone for a no lynch.

I should've previewed my post. I find your explanation passable, but why bring up the numbers showing a lynch today could give us more tries than a no lynch? You didn't think that explaining that and then taking the oposite stance would make you suspicious looking rather than give the opportunity to find scum with a poor reason to lynch?

Linkzmax said:

I should've previewed my post. I find your explanation passable, but why bring up the numbers showing a lynch today could give us more tries than a no lynch? You didn't think that explaining that and then taking the oposite stance would make you suspicious looking rather than give the opportunity to find scum with a poor reason to lynch?

Yeah, my decision on stance was kinda disjointed from the whole number crunching >_>

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
Linkzmax said:

Yeah, my decision on stance was kinda disjointed from the whole number crunching >_>

Add to that I used "Currently" on purpose, but yeah, I can really see why I am being faulted.

Final-Fan said:

@ town: I'd rather vote spurge than stefl. And if there's no additional means of death, it doesn't hurt town (13, 11, 9, odd numbers are good for better odds on a lynch.) Of course, it's not a given that this is actually the case...

and we're supposed to go along just becuz?

miz1q2w3e said:
Final-Fan said:

@ town: I'd rather vote spurge than stefl. And if there's no additional means of death, it doesn't hurt town (13, 11, 9, odd numbers are good for better odds on a lynch.) Of course, it's not a given that this is actually the case...

and we're supposed to go along just becuz?

I thought his words were pretty obviously scummy.  If you think "well spurge is always scummy so I'm not voting him just for that", that's your right.  But I didn't think my reasoning was a mystery.  If it was, then sorry, I guess. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

axumblade said:

Honestly, I'm not really for a day 1 lynch because there isn't really anything to specifically go by on day one. It's sort of just sets up the framework for what goes on after the first day. Then again, last game I played I was murdered the first night so perhaps it isn't the worst possible idea. x.x

This got me thinking...

I think I'm leaning more towards a Day1 lynch.

spurgeonryan said:
Yes, that is a terrible reason to not vote someone. We actually had just last game someone say well it is nearly impossible for prof to be scum 4 games in a row. So prof must not be.

Turned out prof was not, but the person who said that was scum. Obviously he was telling the truth, but that was because he knew prof was town.

I just wanna say, that's not how probability works. It doesn't matter what he was in past games. He could be anything this time, bear that in mind.