By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

By the way, do we have to write rol-stuff or not, or do we have to wait until there's a clear event going on?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

@Stefl
For now. I will leave it as that. It's just instinct on my part. I will sleep first and give my thoughts after. I have work in the morning. I will busy at the moment.

Darwinianevolution said:
By the way, do we have to write rol-stuff or not, or do we have to wait until there's a clear event going on?

Roleplay is never required, but you were great!  Do it whenever you want. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm getting a town read from miz.
There are a couple posts that point this out, but I'm feeling pretty good about this observation for now.

As far as stefl, here are some notes:
Was cautious not to put words in spurge’s mouth
Asked 3 people for thoughts on lynch, miz, prof, spurge. Also asked Darwin to post
Assumes 3-10 or 3-1-9 but with the same voting outcomes
Gave evidence that showed lynching day 1 gives more chances to hit scum, took no lynch stance
Said he wanted to start conversation
Thought that he could interrogate “mafia wanting to lynch”, indicating he wanted to start some beef during day
Told noctis it's ok to repeat what others say, just that he should post.

Ok, so his whole rhetoric was that stefl wanted to start conversation by having a no lynch vs lynch debate. His behavior does indicate an attempt to get people to talk. However, his initial idea was not very well thought out as he took the opposite stance from what his math should've told him, and he has shown a lot of cautiousness/vulnerability. Additionally, I took note of the inclusion of a "9-1-3" third party setup, but using the same math as "10-3."
I also don't like that he used the word, "honestly", in defense of one of his points. That word usually stands out to me that a lie is coming.

I'm not extremely confident, but I'd say stefl has a good chance of being mafia, or a survivor maybe, unlikely to be a power role (though he concludes there are potentially mediocre power roles).
I'll say 50% mafia, 40% survivor, 10% mediocre town power

Also noted that the only one who actually looked at the numbers he provided was linkz.

And strangely enough, I'm getting a bit of a town vibe from spurge too. Though yes, there have been two scummy things said so far (though I account it to ego rather than scumminess)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I'm getting a town read from miz.
There are a couple posts that point this out, but I'm feeling pretty good about this observation for now.

As far as stefl, here are some notes:
Was cautious not to put words in spurge’s mouth
Asked 3 people for thoughts on lynch, miz, prof, spurge. Also asked Darwin to post
Assumes 3-10 or 3-1-9 but with the same voting outcomes
Gave evidence that showed lynching day 1 gives more chances to hit scum, took no lynch stance
Said he wanted to start conversation
Thought that he could interrogate “mafia wanting to lynch”, indicating he wanted to start some beef during day
Told noctis it's ok to repeat what others say, just that he should post.

Ok, so his whole rhetoric was that stefl wanted to start conversation by having a no lynch vs lynch debate. His behavior does indicate an attempt to get people to talk. However, his initial idea was not very well thought out as he took the opposite stance from what his math should've told him, and he has shown a lot of cautiousness/vulnerability. Additionally, I took note of the inclusion of a "9-1-3" third party setup, but using the same math as "10-3."
I also don't like that he used the word, "honestly", in defense of one of his points. That word usually stands out to me that a lie is coming.

I'm not extremely confident, but I'd say stefl has a good chance of being mafia, or a survivor maybe, unlikely to be a power role (though he concludes there are potentially mediocre power roles).
I'll say 50% mafia, 40% survivor, 10% mediocre town power

Also noted that the only one who actually looked at the numbers he provided was linkz.

I asked Xander to post and wanted the thoughts of darwin on a lynch, just to put it right.

I know that my whole math thing was rudementary and skipped a lot of variables, but I don't want to keep on posting numbers, since that would miss the point of actually getting something out there for people to talk about. Besides claiming I actually did the 9-1-3 math is actually false, because then I either had to split it up into 4/9 or convey it split into the amount of killing roles per night. I get the survivor thought from you comes because there was a lack of killing role math when I was just lazy.

I honestly don't get why you put me in that survivor role regardless, because as a townie it shouldn't matter to you in that regard, which pretty much is the only thing that makes me doubt you want to lynch me for constructive reasons, but as is it will still hold a huge chunk of info looking at who drops in with his vote how and when.

I just feel like you are really trying to put out something to justify a misslynch prof...

Man, and I thought this was going to be just a tongue-in-chick game, and you people even have the statistical numbers and percentages of success/failure. I feel woefully unprepared.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Vote: prof

to at least put something where my mouth is

Stefl1504 said:
Vote: prof

to at least put something where my mouth is

' Pretty defensive there, aren't ya. As far as the survivor talk, trying to figure out who you might or might not be is entirely important to me at least. I don't care about the numbers either, because it's too much too account for this early. There are so many options it's pointless. I get why you brought it up, as you said you did it to spark conversation, and that's a believable excuse, but you also started defending yourself very quickly, and even now you're escalating things because of a mistake that you made. And you're saying I'm trying to mislynch you. You're really going to try and fault me for being thorough? How am I supposed to know who or what you are? I'd say you're feeling some pressure, which contradicts your earlier "should I say gg now or later" blase carefree attitude.