By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

Baalzamon said:
You obviously run the risk that you kill an important role (assuming this isn't vanilla, I don't recall if it has been declared as such), but without the lynch, you effectively give the mafia a free night and we start day 2 with little more than we had on day 1.

What constitutes "vanilla" in your eyes?

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
Is anybdoy able to get a tally of who has all participated to date? I'd normally keep a spreadsheet going but am limited to my phone for the night.

Everybody had their check in post (unless you mean like, having their first overall game in this case I think it is only darwin)

miz1q2w3e said:
Baalzamon said:
You obviously run the risk that you kill an important role (assuming this isn't vanilla, I don't recall if it has been declared as such), but without the lynch, you effectively give the mafia a free night and we start day 2 with little more than we had on day 1.

Vanilla Townies vs. Generic Mafia

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I just meant check-in posts yea.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Has that ever happened? All the games I played in the past had at least some basic roles (doc, cop).

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Baalzamon said:

Has that ever happened? All the games I played in the past had at least some basic roles (doc, cop).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219983&page=1#

Stefl1504 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219983&page=1#

Thanks!

So, there is precedent...

My thoughts: the way Baalzamon said "assuming this isn't vanilla", it felt like he was trying to verbally distance himself from the fact that he knew something we didn't.

In other news: nice memory you got there, Stefl.

Looking back at this, I...

Vote: Stefl1504

@ miz: Nah, it's just unusual. In fact, I'd go so far as to call it "beyond vanilla", like "unleavened bread" level Mafia.

@ prof: I've never really liked trying to put different categories of FoS, it seems to me like one of those things that seems like it might have merit but instead just gets lost in the shuffle and pointless. A "hard FoS" is a vote in my book, unless we are at some extraordinarily sensitive point in the game (obviously not the case toDay).

@ town: I'd rather vote spurge than stefl. And if there's no additional means of death, it doesn't hurt town (13, 11, 9, odd numbers are good for better odds on a lynch.) Of course, it's not a given that this is actually the case...

Vote spurgeonryan anyway

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

miz1q2w3e said:

In other news: nice memory you got there, Stefl.

Looking back at this, I...

Vote: Stefl1504

Seems like I gotta start to defend controversial opinons earlier than I thought, besides, profs claim isn't as clear cut as he makes it seem, because only because of the mafiosi BOTH mafiosi where tied with a townie. I just hope to get more reactions before this stuff came up.