By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

I remember in one game, someone made the calculations, and then made a conclusion. If only I could remember ;_;

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
I remember in one game, someone made the calculations, and then made a conclusion. If only I could remember ;_;

happened pretty much last game, though it didn't come to the calculated conclusion, it is basically draw x from y with y reducing by 2 with each unsuccessful  draw both decreasing by 1 for each successful draw, you can actually do the precise maths for it if you care to do so.

I read what you said earlier, but put on the spot - lynch or no lynch?

XanderXT said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Sorry. Pleaseforgive my newbieness. :(

Don't make the same mistakes I did!

Get your butt in here to play, or don't you have anything to add?

Stefl1504 said:

I read what you said earlier, but put on the spot - lynch or no lynch?

If it came to it, I think I'd choose to lynch. I'm an optimist, but more importantly, I'm also curious af.

Like, how awesome would it be if we lucked out and caught scum? : D

spurgeonryan said:

@ stefl

Personally I feel it is good, because it puts the spotlight on people no matter what, but bad because it usually ends up being town.

So basically you say the information is worth it, can you just put it like that next time? If I am putting stuff in your mouth, please make me understand better.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Day1 votes/lynches are mostly based on nothing. However, we could always get lucky and score a mafioso. Lastly, voting is basically town's only weapon, so not voting feels wrong.

My brain hurts...

So the first day we are an angry mob? Should I have brought my own pitch and foro, or do the mods give us some?

Not angry, optimistic : D

What would happen if we lynched you? I wonder...

Either people haven't read last round or have short memories. Possibly even selective memory.
Last day 1 we had both mafia tied for lynch.
Day 1 is always good for lynching.
Especially stefl, you were the host. Very curious.

Also curious to know how you came up with your numbers. The rationalization for them, I mean.

Day 1 lynches provide tons of information, even if it does ultimately lead to a townie dying. You can analyze the votes, who was eager to vote for people, etc.

You obviously run the risk that you kill an important role (assuming this isn't vanilla, I don't recall if it has been declared as such), but without the lynch, you effectively give the mafia a free night and we start day 2 with little more than we had on day 1.

With the little we currently have, I'm going to put a vote out for Stefl. I feel like his not wanting a day 1 vote, plus really questioning those who do reeks of him wanting to get to night and avoid something catastrophic for the mafia.

Vote: Stefl

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

theprof00 said:
Either people haven't read last round or have short memories. Possibly even selective memory.
Last day 1 we had both mafia tied for lynch.
Day 1 is always good for lynching.
Especially stefl, you were the host. Very curious.

Also curious to know how you came up with your numbers. The rationalization for them, I mean.

3-9 is imho best balance you can find (which only goes to 12), 4-9 and beyond seems too mafia sided, and I am assuming at least mediocre power being in the game, so neither 3-10 or 3-1-9 is out of the question to me. Then there is the OP-table displaying 5 days (which is kinda meta-gaming, but who cares).

Is anybdoy able to get a tally of who has all participated to date? I'd normally keep a spreadsheet going but am limited to my phone for the night.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.