By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinions on ps pro so far?

ReimTime said:
If anyone with a Pro has Uncharted 4: please let me know if it sounds like a jet engine when playing it like the OG PS4 does. Kinda curious

8played it at a friends house, it sounded like a jet engine, same sound level as my launch ps4

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
onionberry said:
I have been playing bloodborne without framerate dips nor stuttering, I'm happy for now!

But is there an improvement from OG PS4 ?

Better wait for the ps5

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

globalisateur said:
onionberry said:
I have been playing bloodborne without framerate dips nor stuttering, I'm happy for now!

The game runs better but that's thanks to the better hardware, there are no updates for the pro. I'll try more games after work, yesterday I didn't have much time.

onionberry said:
globalisateur said:

The game runs better but that's thanks to the better hardware, there are no updates for the pro. I'll try more games after work, yesterday I didn't have much time.

Are you sure it's not a Placebo effect ? The game has actually very few framerate dips in the OG version, at least in the single player game, the main problem was the constant framepacing issue.

You have very good taste...This game is my favorite game on PS4, I love it ! Sold my PS4 one month ago for the Pro but can't currently buy one...

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
onionberry said:

Are you sure it's not a Placebo effect ? The game has actually very few framerate dips in the OG version, at least in the single player game, the main problem was the constant framepacing issue.

You have very good taste...This game is my favorite game on PS4, I love it ! Sold my PS4 one month ago for the Pro but can't currently buy one...

pretty sure was framerate dips, small just like a frame or two. Not saying it was unplayable, but for me even a small stuttering breaks the immersion. So maybe was my ps4 but I don't think so because many reported the same. And yeah the game is very cool and creepy

Conina said:

That is interesting because DriveClub VR + Until Dawn: Rush of Blood haven't got Pro patches yet. Was the Pro mode already in the first version? I'll have to check them out, didn't bother because of the lack of patches.

I was checking for patches too, yet had to have my daily DC VR fix and was pleasently surprised when I started the first race. They must have added the pro configuration in the first patch already or right from the start. It seems to mainly double the render resolution, trackside detail is still the same, also still no dynamic time or weather. It makes it much more pleasant to look at without the flickering blocky pixels in the distance.

I wonder if the demos have pro configurations too already. I haven't tried the Rush of blood or Battlezone demo, since no patches for the demo disc content.

Pro is a huge help for games that want to go beyond stylistic presentation on PSVR. The difference is immediately noticeable. I also tried a few pro supported games in 1080p on projector, and yes the iq looks very polished, bbenefits of downsampling are also pretty noticeable. Yet I doubt I would miss it as much going back to base ps4 as the drop in quality on certain psvr titles.

The IQ at 1080p is incredible. BF1 and TF2 are on par with high ultra settings on PC (1080p at least)

LivingMetal said:
So many responses, so little opinions on the Pro. Bizarro thread?

how?

Ruler said:
LivingMetal said:
So many responses, so little opinions on the Pro. Bizarro thread?

how?

At the time of my post, responses were mainly "I want to know, too", "It's still in the mail", "I have mine, but I haven't done much with it, yet" sort of responses.  That's all I was saying.