By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinions on ps pro so far?

I have been playing bloodborne without framerate dips nor stuttering, I'm happy for now!

Around the Network

Picked up mine yesterday , spent most of the day trying to figure out how to get HDR working in the pro's sound and screen setting,in display output it said HDR incompatible , tried everything no luck later in the day tried again and found the problem, hidden away in the TV settings under external inputs is a feature to change HDMI output.
My findings so far didn't notice this yesterday but this morning it sounded reasonably loud at start up but then very quiet again also noticed that it gets very hot at the back something that you would expect with the extra horsepower.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

d21lewis said:
Conina said:

I just played the PSVR game "The London Heist" (PS VR Worlds) again... BIG improvements in image quality on the Pro. I love it!

"VR Luge" (PS VR Worlds) also BIG improvements (better drawing distance, much less jittering).

"Ocean Descent" (PS VR Worlds) is also prettier than on PS4, but the difference ain't that big. The head tracking seems to be much better, but that is probably a fix for both versions, not only in Pro mode.

This is what I wanted to hear! I'm stuck at work. They literally delivered mine as I walked out the door to get into my car. 

Is the resolution better or are the games still kind of blurry? Would you mind watching some of the video apps and telling me if the quality has improved? Hulu VR was unwatchable!

Depends on the game. Some more demanding games seem to use a higher resolution now. Less demanding games show no or almost no improvements.

"Danger Ball" (PS VR Worlds) looks the same as before, perhaps some added light effects and better reflections on the walls.

"Scavenger's Odyssey" (PS VR Worlds) also looks almost the same as before (it already looked great on my old PS4), only difference are better light effects when shooting the weapons.

"Bound" is even more gorgeous than before.

I can't try video streaming apps right now, because there are a lot of downloads in the background.

Ruler said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I am keeping a eye on these threads cause Sony Brazil promissed to launch the thing here for a reasonable price, 700 bucks, but in terms of Brazil this is a good price.

is it produced now in Brazil?

According to the latin america CEO, yes. But they are probably assembling it in Manaus (a brazilian industrial city) with chinese parts and printing the manuals and boxes in portuguese. Just the assembly is enough to get the tax cuts from brazilian laws to protect our jobs. Very cool laws by the way, a lot of people employed in the Sony factory.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

onionberry said:
I have been playing bloodborne without framerate dips nor stuttering, I'm happy for now!

You, my friend, give girls worldwide a good name.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
onionberry said:

You, my friend, give girls worldwide a good name.

Just got PSVR all set up on the pro including measuring eye distance (surprise exact same as the default) and damn that's a big difference. Robinson: The Journey looks much better, seems to load faster too.
Got to pick the kids up from school again, movie night. Why on pro day :p

onionberry said:

Ooh! how far you got and what weapon have you picked? I think I started with the saw cleaver. something about it reminded me of the angel of deaths scythe, although most the deaths that came in the beginning were from me being a noob -_- 

Fei-Hung said:
onionberry said:

Ooh! how far you got and what weapon have you picked? I think I started with the saw cleaver. something about it reminded me of the angel of deaths scythe, although most the deaths that came in the beginning were from me being a noob -_- 

already finished the game a year ago, I'm just testing because I remember a lot of frustration with the stuttering. which is not that bad to be honest but I hate it on any game!

Still hoping for that FFXV edition. Dont fail me now squenix