By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinions on ps pro so far?

I know it's just released but im wondering if anyone has bought one and can give me their opinion? I specifically would like to hear from users that upgraded from regular ps4. Im thinking of buying one tomorrow but still unsure if its worth it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
I know it's just released but im wondering if anyone has bought one and can give me their opinion? I specifically would like to hear from users that upgraded from regular ps4. Im thinking of buying one tomorrow but still unsure if its worth it.

I don't have one yet but I'm reserving judgement to a degree as I'm confident the first wave of games released won't offer the kind of support I anticipate say, a year down the line. I think the value for Pro will increase once again around the time ps5 launches, when OG ps4 starts being phased out and devs are really optimizing and allocating all that 4.2tflops towards graphics rather than just some IQ improvements. That's why, after the reviews I read, it's not really too surprising to see many stating that this upgrade isn't 100% necessary for current ps4 owners. We should see bigger and better improvements when devs have had enough time to develop pro mode alongside standard mode, rather than adding pro mode as an afterthought.

It should be here any moment, now. Amazon.com says mine is "out for delivery".

I'll have to go through the process of installing a new HDD but after that:

-I'll own two PS4s. One connected to a 1080p HDTV and one connected to a 4K HDR UHDTV
-I own several games (both physically and digitally) that are getting the update treatment.
-I own a PSVR and about half a dozen games. A few are getting patched.
-I also use Remote play on my laptop, PC, (I gave my Vita to my daughter but i still have a...) PSTV. I also use Remote Play on my Xbox One via PC and laptop.

I'll be able to give a pretty comprehensive comparison except for two things:
1. I have to go to work tonight from 6pm-6am
2. I'm a lazy, lazy man. I'll test a lot of things but I'm not sure if I'll get around to posting about it in a timely manner.

i got it yesterday, and for me its worth it the upgrade even without owning any PS4 Pro game so far. I think Paragon has a PS4 Pro patch and its Free to play but i am not sure as i havent played it before and patch note doesnt say anything about PS4 pro support 

following improvements

- you can record footage in 1080p and 30 frames per second with any game using share function

- the PS4 Pro is using half the power for games who arent patched meaning its ultra quite, its quiter than my older consoles like PS2, Dreamcast and Xbox if i play demanding games like Bloodborne.

they patched knack right now

Around the Network
Ruler said:
they patched knack right now

Have you tried it?

It is really heavy compared to the original model. It Feels like it is made of bricks and steel. Craigs list conmen will have to put 3 bricks instead of towels in their empty box.

Gotta have to see in an hour. I don't expect the world but it's for everyone personally to decide if it's worth it. For me it's worth because I like current hardware and 400€ are nothing.

I'm currently only playing WoFF on my PS4 and since it already runs perfectly on it I'm only interested in how the loading times will improve. I got an SSD ready if it still disappoints.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i have it, not unboxed it yet...but my 4k monitor is tempting me to hurry up.

Here is mine:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222401&page=1

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850