By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2016 NPD Thread! Software and hardware estimates up!

A few more days for the numbers?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Shocked to see XB1 up yoya nd Titanfall 2 flopped big.

yikes. ea did titanfall badly...but hey it is selling very well now discounted. i'm sure it'll have great legs...anywho good to see the xb1 up

Praise the One.

Shocked to see titanfall flop so bad. It's a shame but the first title left a terrible taste in people's mouths.

Gears 4 I can't believe didn't come second.

Fifa 17 doing really well.

Kerotan said:
Shocked to see titanfall flop so bad. It's a shame but the first title left a terrible taste in people's mouths.

Gears 4 I can't believe didn't come second.

Fifa 17 doing really well.

Mafia 3 did really well. What really surprises me is that Skyrim didn't chart as high as i thought i would. 

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Quite a surprise to me. I thought PSVR would help PlayStation take the month. Now I am less sure about the Pro. Even though it has sold well on Amazon, it seems Amazon has lost its edge in being able to tell how the market is moving.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I have said in the past that the Universal Windows Platform would be massive for Xbox, and if they continue to hold on, then I think that is a huge reason behind the push. I know Gears and Forza just came out, but I have not seen any indication tat they are moving hardware, escpeciallly considering the lackluster sales they have had compaired to previous entries. I think the era of the Xbox replacing PC's is happening, and that is a good thing on the mass market side.

If UWP is spear heading this XBO resergence, then Sony needs to get on the ball, and start letting a braoder spectrum of apps into the PlayStation ecosystem. They have talked about wanting to use PSVR to turn consoles into the smart device of the home, nw they need to back up those claims.

Interesting perspective. I agree there is no major sign any one of these games is pushing hardware. That said, Halo is still moving units, and when combined with the above titles, you could argue the console's library is coming together very nicely. I do think there is something in the suite of other options they're offering above and beyond Sony. Play anywhere is awesome. I have bought a couple of games knowing I can play the PC version if I want - haven't even gotten around to it. But for no extra cost its excellent. Add in the backwards compatibility that is ever expanding (and free). Again, on their own these initiatives don't mean much, but taken in their aggregate they're clearly helping Microsoft. Throw in the slim (which has been very well received) and its market-leading multimedia capabilities. In some areas the console is not the lead performer. Japanese games would be an obvious example. But overall Microsoft have orchestrated quite the comeback to make themselves relevant over the last two years.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

No numbers till next week right?

Aug-Oct
(2015) XB1- 798K
(2016) XB1- 993k
The XB1S has brought the XB1 13.59% up YOY

poklane said:

Top 10:

1. Battlefield 1
2. Mafia III
3. Gears of War 4***
4. FIFA 17
5. NBA 2K17
6. Elder Scrolls V: Skryim***
7. WWE 2K17
8. Civilization VI
9. Titanfall 2
10. Madden NFL 17

*** No digital sales included

XB1 sales grew 8% compared to last year and the PS4 Slim 500 GB Uncharted 4: A Thief's End bundle was the best selling SKU across the caterogy, accounting for 17 percent of total hardware units sold in the month.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-11-17-battlefield-1-mafia-3-and-gears-4-drive-us-october-game-sales

XB1 = 327k (last year 303k)
PS4 < 327k
3DS > 110k

Personal assumption on my part: PS4 down YoY (under 275k) due to no mention of it being up YoY. Same goes for the Wii U (below 65k) which would be quite obvious. Also quite afwul that Titanfall sells less than a PC only title.

tbone51 said:
No numbers till next week right?

Poklane shared a couple numbers

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Top ten is still based on revenue correct?

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(