By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2016 NPD Thread! Software and hardware estimates up!

Snoopy said:
Madword said:

1. I'm pretty sure you look at youtube videos too when it comes to gaming you hypocrite.

2. PS pro looks ugly. Doesn't have to be thinner, just doesn't need to look like a burnt big mac is all.

3. 400 dollars for a gaming machine that plays quite a few games worse with minimal graphic changes... no.

4. No, it only does 4k with a few games like tlou remaster a ps3 game...

5. Scorpio will probably do native 4k gaming for all games. Microsoft already stated all their first party games will be 4k native which is amazing considering games like Gears 4, Ryse and Quantum Break are better looking than 90% games out their right now.

6.I wasn't trying to sell a game system, but rather advise you to wait for the xbox scorpio because it is the better deal in terms of graphics and perfomance. Besides If I were you I won't be defending Sony when it comes to selling you on something that won't come out for a while. I heard Sony is advertising games like the Spiderman and Death Stranding this Christmas. You know games that are not going to be out for another 3 years probably. PS4 is now getting TLG after 7-8 years eventhough it was promised for the PS3.... 4 da players I guess.

Lastly Sony has been doing a terrible job in terms of games, engineering ,ect. PSN has been getting hacked and lack the features xbox live has. Their games are mediocre pretty much outside of Uncharted and Bloodborne imho this generation. This is coming from someone who loved the ps3 exclusive games and consider the PS3 underated and one of the best gaming systems ever.

~No need to get rude pal, I am just answering your points, if you dont like the answers, dont get into a discussion. Not everyone is going to agree with your point of view.

As I said, I dont care about Scorpio as it currently doesnt exist and as I've said I dont much care for MS 1st party games when I really like Sony's games.

As far as showing next years games as adverts, sure why not, MS have been doing it for years. Whats the point you are trying to make? Sony has a stellar line up next year...

Reading your replies seems you are angry at Sony and probably prefer MS. I dont mind if you like MS over Sony but dont try and cover it with telling me I am an hypocrite when you obviously have your own agenda.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
cmay227 said:
Madword said:

So you've played all of the Pro games right? I'm guessing you havent got a pro and have not played any. I have and I can say the performance on and looks of the games, I am really pleased with.

One or two games run a bit worse, but sure that will be fixed in a patch, considering its able to run many games in such high resolutions. I'm sure its easy to cherry pick if you have an agenda. Look at the picture as a whole and you'll find for the price, its doing a very good job indeed. As I said if you understand development, things will quickly improve, just some patches were probably rushed out as always at the start of dev of a new console that requires changes.

Ugly, what uglier than the original XBO, nah, I acutally like the look, its form factor is not too bad either. I guess that is subjective.

You are saying that its 100 dollars more than the base PS4, but its actually x2+ more powerful, i think you'll find thats a good deal.Thats not subjective but objective based on power to price performance. What you should ask is why would people who have the money buy a console that is less powerful for $100 dollars less, now that seems like a bad idea. Even worse if you consider that the XBO is less powerful than the PS4. So I see no reason to buy either slims when the Pro is a better deal... of course unless you are only wanting to get a 4k BR..... lets get on to that...

As for 4K Blu Ray, yeah very subjective, lets firstly remember its a gaming console. Lets not try to push the TV TV TV agenda at this point. We all know how that went for MS, but now its super important. I think people are getting sick and tired of rebuying hard media, I purchased on DVD, then I moved to Blu ray, I like probably many people do not want the expense of moving up again, and especially not at the price the movie industry is asking for 4K movies. With downloads becoming more and more prevalent it makes sense to consider this isnt the time to move to yet another movie format, I was disappointed about no 4K drive, not because I wanted it (as i dont) because i know some people would complain it was super important to a gaming console (guess what its not). I am ok to play games on disk, but thats it for me on movies, they take up too much space and have reduced value with netflix and amazon these days.

So yeah I can say i'm not convinced by your arguments.

Sony doesn't even call it a "gaming console" it's a entertainment system. That's what Sony has always called it. If you read the box the system comes in you would know that. It may be only a gaming console to you, but not Sony which are the ones who make and market it.

And the original Atari was named the Atari VCS which stood for "Video Computer System."  It was never used as a computer.  It was used for playing games.

Thanks for the idea, Shadow1980.

Snoopy said:
Madword said:

Look we should take this to the opinions on ps pro thread rather than here....

1. But seriously you looked at youtube, haha, yeah thats not really going to cut it in some instances.

2. Xbox one slim, certainly looks better than the XBO but you know that the PS Pro is smaller than the Slim right, and is much more powerful than it. Thats great engineering, regardless of the look (subjective) its a much better device in a smaller package.

3. It's a £349 device, I'm not sure what you are expecting, but at that price it is priced fairly.

4. You know it can do 4k right, whether its checkboard upscaling or those games that are native 4k (which there are some), it does 4k, I know some people still want to convince themselves it doesnt do 4k, but it does. The funny thing is the box is punching above its weight. Dont expect the scoprio to look that much better in terms of clarity, maybe a bit cleaner, and thats going to cost.

5. If by the time that machine which is still a year out comes out and its priced at £349, then we'll see, if they try and pass it off as £499 and the pro has had a price cut by then, forget it, checkboarding and the other techniques will have already done its job, and by the time Scorpio comes out, Pro will have lots of games running at 4k, while that will have its teething problems.

No offence but you cannot sell a system that currently doesnt exist to buy, we dont know the price and many of its games will be available on PC (and imho the Sony library of games suits me better).  So its all well and good, but I know the 1st party games I want next year, and they are all from Sony... the libraries are

just not comparable.

You may not agree, but I buy a console based on performance, cost, games and engineering design, and though Sony may not have performance next year when scorpio comes out, the other things still push it ahead for me beause i am pretty sure sony will be ahead in the other areas as they have been for last 4-5 years.

1. I'm pretty sure you look at youtube videos too when it comes to gaming you hypocrite.

2. PS pro looks ugly. Doesn't have to be thinner, just doesn't need to look like a burnt big mac is all.

3. 400 dollars for a gaming machine that plays quite a few games worse with minimal graphic changes... no.

5. Scorpio will probably do native 4k gaming for all games. Microsoft already stated all their first party games will be 4k native which is amazing considering games like Gears 4, Ryse and Quantum Break are better looking than 90% games out their right now.

6.I wasn't trying to sell a game system, but rather advise you to wait for the xbox scorpio because it is the better deal in terms of graphics and perfomance. Besides If I were you I won't be defending Sony when it comes to selling you on something that won't come out for a while. I heard Sony is advertising games like the Spiderman and Death Stranding this Christmas. You know games that are not going to be out for another 3 years probably. PS4 is now getting TLG after 7-8 years eventhough it was promised for the PS3.... 4 da players I guess.

Lastly Sony has been doing a terrible job in terms of games, engineering ,ect. PSN has been getting hacked and lack the features xbox live has. Their games are mediocre pretty much outside of Uncharted and Bloodborne imho this generation. This is coming from someone who loved the ps3 exclusive games and consider the PS3 underated and one of the best gaming systems ever.

I believe all of us here knows that you love Xbox over PlayStation to the point where you'll make and twist any argument to make the Xbox look favorable.  Someone had to say what most of us are thinking, and it was I.

LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

I believe all of us here knows that you love Xbox over PlayStation to the point where you'll make and twist any argument to make the Xbox look favorable.  Someone had to say what most of us are thinking, and it was I.

Good job detective, you figured out that I am an xbox fanboy eventhough I admitted it like a hundred times.

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

Good job detective, you figured out that I am an xbox fanboy eventhough I admitted it like a hundred times.

You can admit it a thousand times for all I care. I'm just glad I've spent my time wiser that counting the number of times you've made your self-proclimation.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

You can admit it a thousand times for all I care. I'm just glad I've spent my time wiser that counting the number of times you've made your self-proclimation.

No, you still don't get it. Im the xbox to surpass big xbox himself. Solid xbox!

So, any news on the numbers? Also I hope MS wins Nov too and Dec too. Competition is good, it's healthy for our industry. Sony running a monopoly wouldn't be good for anyone.

Initially I was of the opinion that while XBO may outsell the Pro this Nov, it won't be able to in Dec because more people would know about the actual benefits of the Pro etc.

I'm not the best person to ask for this console sales stuff, it's a gamble anyway, but I always found it interesting, especially the JP market and how it has regressed slowly. Interesting times ahead.

Good luck MS!

gcwy said:
So, any news on the numbers? Also I hope MS wins Nov too and Dec too. Competition is good, it's healthy for our industry. Sony running a monopoly wouldn't be good for anyone.

Initially I was of the opinion that while XBO may outsell the Pro this Nov, it won't be able to in Dec because more people would know about the actual benefits of the Pro etc.

I'm not the best person to ask for this console sales stuff, it's a gamble anyway, but I always found it interesting, especially the JP market and how it has regressed slowly. Interesting times ahead.

Good luck MS!

Astronaut Claire will share data on the 21st. Follow her on Twitter to be there live.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Shadow1980 said:

cmay227 said:

Sony doesn't even call it a "gaming console" it's a entertainment system. That's what Sony has always called it. If you read the box the system comes in you would know that. It may be only a gaming console to you, but not Sony which are the ones who make and market it.

This.... this was brilliant.

Top 10:

1. Battlefield 1
2. Mafia III
3. Gears of War 4***
4. FIFA 17
5. NBA 2K17
6. Elder Scrolls V: Skryim***
7. WWE 2K17
8. Civilization VI
9. Titanfall 2
10. Madden NFL 17

*** No digital sales included

XB1 sales grew 8% compared to last year and the PS4 Slim 500 GB Uncharted 4: A Thief's End bundle was the best selling SKU across the caterogy, accounting for 17 percent of total hardware units sold in the month.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-11-17-battlefield-1-mafia-3-and-gears-4-drive-us-october-game-sales

XB1 = 327k (last year 303k)
PS4 < 327k
3DS > 110k

Personal assumption on my part: PS4 down YoY (under 275k) due to no mention of it being up YoY. Same goes for the Wii U (below 65k) which would be quite obvious. Also quite afwul that Titanfall sells less than a PC only title.