By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo Switch fails this will be Nintendo last console.

burninmylight said:
You want to know what I think?

I think more people should be more thoughtful when they have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. When I'm trying to sleep, I don't want to hear you peeing. For my part, when I have to get up and pee, I try to hit the porcelain instead of directly into the water so that it makes less sound. I understand that its harder for women to do that, but we should all at least try. Like, stick a couple of fingers in there and aim it.

I know right, this comment already is more useful than this entire thread. We should make a special tool for women so that they can aim to. OT I don't know what Nintendo is going to or how well the NS will do outside of Japan. Don't really care about it either I will just go with the flow.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:
They'll release a 3DS successor in 1/2 years so they definitely won't leave the industry. The successor will also have a big screen mode like the Switch does.

They've already left the traditional home console market but they'll keep making portables for a while yet.

We can expect Switch Pocket (smaller Switch without dock and whitout controller with $100 smaller price than real Switch) in evre case in around 2-3 years. Even if Switch bombs (which is very unlikely) no way they will aband whole Switch platform and burn money on R&D og totally new platform and games for it.

They just abandoned traditional comsoles for a hybrid so who knows what they'll do. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

We can expect Switch Pocket (smaller Switch without dock and whitout controller with $100 smaller price than real Switch) in evre case in around 2-3 years. Even if Switch bombs (which is very unlikely) no way they will aband whole Switch platform and burn money on R&D og totally new platform and games for it.

They just abandoned traditional comsoles for a hybrid so who knows what they'll do. 

If you know why they abondoned traditinal consoles you can assume what to expect from them.

They abandoned traditional consoles (separate handheld platform and separate home console platform), beacuse they cant support any more two difrent platforms, they goal is to have one unified platform instead two completely different platforms. Also they recently merged their home console hardware and handheld hardware divisions in one, and their handheld software division and home console software division also in one.

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

If you know why they abondoned traditinal consoles you can assume what to expect from them.

They abandoned traditional consoles (separate handheld platform and separate home console platform), beacuse they cant support any more two difrent platforms, they goal is to have one unified platform instead two completely different platforms. Also they recently merged their home console hardware and handheld hardware divisions in one, and their handheld software division and home console software division also in one.

And if the Switch bombs I expect them to do a more 3DS like sequel with a small port to plug it into the TV for big screen mode. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

And if the Switch bombs I expect them to do a more 3DS like sequel with a small port to plug it into the TV for big screen mode. 

DS and Wii line will not exist any more, even if Switch bombs (but it want) they will release small portable version of Switch that will be part of same platform, not sequel to 3DS in that time old and dead platform because that doesn't make any sense and that would be against there plans of one unified platform.

Around the Network

If you're true nintendo fan, please don't reply nintendoom thread.

JRPGfan said:
V-r0cK said:
I dont think this will be Nintendo's last.

But...

I do feel that Nintendo is pulling out all the stops for this. They're combining their handheld and home console together pooling in all their resources to this one console.

So I would say that the Switch is Nintendo's best effort of trying to make their biggest come-back.

Lets see if their greed kills it.

Im really hopeing for a 249$ price point so they have a fantastic launch.

Nintendo user base has shrunk to just 13m users with the Wii U.

Now is the time to build the userbase.

They have plenty of money in the bank, now they need to not be greedy, and sell this console at break even or slight loss.

249$ price point now, could be a move that ends up makeing them more money down the line.

For me, $200 or less is the ideal price

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I agree that Nintendo can't afford another console if Switch fails. They'd be better off going 100% mobile and 3rd party.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

DS and Wii line will not exist any more, even if Switch bombs (but it want) they will release small portable version of Switch that will be part of same platform, not sequel to 3DS in that time old and dead platform because that doesn't make any sense and that would be against there plans of one unified platform.

It will still be a spiritual successor. the name or brand is irrelevant. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

It will still be a spiritual successor. the name or brand is irrelevant. 

I don't talk about name or brand, I talking about platform.