By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: New 3D Mario POSSIBLY A Nintendo Switch Launch Title!

Emily Rogers tweeted out that she would not be surprised if a 3D Mario is available at Nintendo Switch’s launch.

How possible do you think this is?

UPDATE: In regards to the "click bait" title earlier, it was not my intention. I was just stating what her thoughts was. She thinks IT IS A LAUNCH TITLE. So I stated it that way. Obviously she could be wrong, but that is what she thinks. Sorry to everyone I may have offended. Never my intention.

Second Update: I had to edit the title like five times LMAO

https://gamerelay.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/rumor-new-3d-mario-to-be-available-at-nintendo-switch-launch/

Around the Network

Headline: 3D Mario is DEFINITELY a launch title, according to Emily Rogers.

Actual tweet from Rogers: 3D Mario COULD be a launch title, but I'm not sure.

I dont get the point of click bait titles in forums. I get that say if you are writing an article and you need clicks to get dem ad rev but in forums? Whats the point? Unless you really love attention that much?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

cycycychris said:

Your info in the OP doesn't match your title. Your title says she said it will be a launch title.... But then in the OP you say that she is speculating the idea based on info she has heard. And her own tweet points to her not being sure, just throwing the idea out there based on how far the game is in development...

Good Click bait

That is what she said. She said she wouldnt be surprised if it was. I will change it for the sake of audience, but that is what I saw when I read it. I swear the journalist mentality getting to my head lol.

A 3D mario and an open world zelda game at launch would be the best launch lineup in Nintendo's history, just those 2 games.

This could happen, and Maybe pokemon In November. Or, breath of the wild at launch and mario in November and no pokemon next year.

Around the Network

She said she also expects Zelda to not be a launch title.

Now, I trusted her for the Switch leaks, but I think this is a far fetch. 3D Mario must have been in development either alongside the Switch (let's say since the Wii U development stopped - late 2012) or after 3D World launched (November 2013), giving it either 3.5-3 years of dev time... I mean, we dont know how long it usually takes, but for a completely new Mario, with new engine and for a new system? I dont see it at launch.

On the other hand, Breath of the Wild has had at least 5 years of dev time, 6 if we believe it started as soon as SS was out. I see Nintendo releasing them separately next year, one for launch, the other for holidays, but I just dont see Mario out in 4 months.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Captain_Yuri said:

I dont get the point of click bait titles in forums. I get that say if you are writing an article and you need clicks to get dem ad rev but in forums? Whats the point? Unless you really love attention that much?

It was not meant to be click bait. I stated what she thinks. She thinks it is a launch title, so i titled it with her thought. I changed it though because it was never my intention to put it off that way.

Did Link grow a v*gina yet? No, then i didn't read anything :p.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I was always saying that Zelda BotW and new 3D Mario are possible launch games for Switch launch.
My guess was that Nintendo would want very strong launch lineup with Switch because they launching new platform in middle of generation and in March, and Zelda BotW and new 3D Mario would make killer launch combination.

The bit that's a little odd is saying "instead of Zelda". Zelda seems like a given as a launch title at this point, whereas we just barely found out a new 3D Mario exists. It sould be very strange if Mario came first.