By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo claiming WiiU production Isn’t Ending On November 4, 2016, but...

That makes no sense. If the Switch is coming, why to keep the WiiU alive? Will they support 3 plataforms when they could not keep 2 going?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I find myself never taking Nintendo's words at face value. Just do you Nintendo...

nintendo has to come out and say it thats why otherwise its bad bussines

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Nintendo doesn't need to produce any additional Wii U's for BotW. No one is going to go to a store in March, when the game is out on Wii U and Switch, and say "I'm going to spend $299 on this four year old obsolete system just to play the new Zelda". It will sell only to people that can't afford to/ don't want a Switch, but already own a Wii U.

I doubt Nintendo will even print that many copies of the Wii U version. Demand isn't going to be that high for it. Being a Switch launch title, it will sell better on Switch than it will on Wii U, since the hardcore Nintendo fans will pick up a Switch at launch, which is the same group of people that desperately want the new Zelda.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

It's kinda obvious that once switch been out a few months win u done

Around the Network

Yea I think the wiiU is done not that its a bad thing. It got supported way longer than some people expected so overall, I m happy with it but now its time to move on.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintendo sent Paper Mario to die on Wii U. The game was done, and delaying it would've made people upset. It was the right thing to do to release it as a "thank you" to Wii U owners for supporting the system. But yeah, Wii U is done. Whatever stock Nintendo has still for Wii U, I'm sure it'll be plenty to get them through til Switch launches. No one is going to buy a Wii U this holiday, there is no new software launching for it.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Only consoles that sell very highly before being substituted keep production after sub... at most Nintendo will produce very little from december to march

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Foxconn closed down the wii u production line in china and sent the remaining wii u parts to Japan for low volume assembly year or so ago. Then recently Nintendo didn't realise there was still an extra box of bits left hidden behind a cupboard so there is actually 2 to 3 weeks of stock still available for the office junior to assemble.

Perhaps next week someone will discover another box on a shelf next to the boiler under some old sheets and so wii u production continues......

If Nintendo's continuing production of the WiiU, I'm expecting they'll eventually end up in a landfill.

Whatever, it's Nintendo's problem.