By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shooter battle Metacritic COD:IW/TitanFall2/BF1

vivster said:
arthurchan35 said:
TF2 and BF1 are truely great shooters, while COD is still the same old recipe

How is COD IW the same old? Looks to me that they strayed as far from their core concept as possible while TF2 and BF1 is the same old gameplay.

Weren't the most complaints against COD IW on the count of how different it is?

Multiplayer wise its BO3 but just a tiny bit slower. Im hearing the campaign is a lot better but nothing that hasnt really been done already. For an example some part of Ghosts campaign was in space. Zombies atent bad but treyarch still has bettrt zombies.  Its really nothing new. The reason it got hate was that its very futuristic and people want boots on the ground old school COD.

Around the Network

Quality wise, Titanfall 2 >>>>> BF1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinite Warfare.

Sales wise, it will be IW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BF1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Titanfall 2 :)

LOL, someone rated IW a 5/5. A Blops 3 expansion pack with some very shitty microtransactions day one, and it is 5/5.

JRPGfan said:
Critics saying something is good, can only do so much....
CoD will probably outsell the other 2 combined.

3 weeks ago I would agree with...

But now I am not that sure.

Killing Floor 2

Dark_Feanor said:
JRPGfan said:
Critics saying something is good, can only do so much....
CoD will probably outsell the other 2 combined.

3 weeks ago I would agree with...

But now I am not that sure.

Now you think it might be 2x both combined?

Who cares about Infite Warfare?
Modern Warfare Remastered FTW!!!

Around the Network

Cod4 remastered is what made IW the most appealing title for me and many others. So it's BF1 and IW for me.

EA should have released titanfall next March and maybe then it wouldn't have been a sales flop.

The lowest ranking game will have the highest sales. Thats actually underselling it.

The lowest ranking game will have at least double the sales of the other two games combined. What a strange place the gaming industry is.

I think in the past, game sales were mostly tied to word of mouth. So. good games simply sold better and over a longer period of time. Today, game sales are tied to the marketing budgets associated with them. Hence we have games whose marketing budgets are higher than the development budgets. Ridiculous.

Honestly, I'm surprised IW even has an 81 meta so far. Game was trash during the "beta"

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:
Cod4 remastered is what made IW the most appealing title for me and many others. So it's BF1 and IW for me.

EA should have released titanfall next March and maybe then it wouldn't have been a sales flop.

So they got you by the balls to buy this game huh ?

It's genius, really. Sucker a lot of people into buying a shit CoD just because it includes a remaster of a game from when CoD was actually good. Not only that, but they buy it at a higher price too.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Mar1217 said:

So they got you by the balls to buy this game huh ?

It's genius, really. Sucker a lot of people into buying a shit CoD just because it includes a remaster of a game from when CoD was actually good. Not only that, but they buy it at a higher price too.

It's brilliantly simple. EA tried to strangle the CoD sales with two of the biggest shooters of the generation, and all Activision had to do to counter it was just remaster an old game. Genius.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.