By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Cubs Win! Cubs Win! First time since 1908! The curse is lifted! Parade today at 10am

I don't even live in a country that knows a thing about baseball, but I still wanted to watch the game, which was amazing by the way. Congrats to any Cubs fan!

Around the Network

WE have a bunch of people from India who work at my store, I guess they are called Indians? Anyways, they all watched it. Maybe because Cricket is such a beloved sport over there, and since we barely play it here baseball is a close alternative? Anyways, they were all rooting for Cubbies as well, twas beatiful!

^

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I'm an African dance master who doesn't know anything about baseball and even I watched it!

Turkish said:
I'm an African dance master who doesn't know anything about baseball and even I watched it!

Dicks sporting goods was open late last night to capitalize, parking lot was full and they sold close to 150 thousand dollars in gear and clothing before they closed well over an hour late.

My store we had people buying shirts by the dozen when we opened and there was a small group in apparel scavenging for the best items. Going to be a huge boost to the economy and cubs bottom line here in Illinois. The city was crazy, but not crazy enough to burn down or anything. More fireworks than the fourth of july.

I have to give it to Cleveland, they made it a terrific fight, could not believe what happened in this game. I wanted to pull my hair out when they tied it up and pushed the game to the 10th. But we wanted it more.

Great stuff, probably the best game I will ever watch.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Nvm that, the All Blacks are playing in town!!

Around the Network

Cubs Parade today at 10am Chicago time!

So BTTF2 predicted it only 1 year wrong? Not bad:

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/World_Series

Conina said:

So BTTF2 predicted it only 1 year wrong? Not bad:

http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/World_Series

Yeah, all the radio stations are actually talking about that and telling everyone to watch the movie to see what else can come true.

I'm proudly wearing my Cubs gear. Not that I haven't been for years, but still. Its so awesome! I'm still in shock.

And why is it called "world series" if only North Americans play against each other? That title sounds pretentious.

We don't call the European soccer championship "world championship", "solar championship" or "milky way championship.