By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A PS3 in the US in 2011 will be retailing for around $199.

MetalRain said:
my expectations

$299 end 2008

$249 end 2009

$199 end 2010

You sound about right. I could be right in the way it could get frozen at the magical mark of $199 and stay there for a year or two.

Around the Network

XBox 360 and Wii might have a $199 console at the end of THIS year. 3 years from now is a long time for PS3 to get there as well.

199au F*CK yeah :D i hope it at least 500-550 by the end of this year.

WhiteDevil said:
199au F*CK yeah :D i hope it at least 500-550 by the end of this year.

If it reaches $500 AU by the end of the year I will purchase another PS3 console.

I don't know when it will reach the $200 mark.

There may be one this year to like $350, another one next year to $300. It could be a couple years before its $200.

I think a slimline would reall help sales, not everyone wants an 11 pound console. I really think PS3 will reach 100 million though.

I think this could be the first get with 2 100 million consoles. PS3 for sure, and maybe wii.

Around the Network

have to go with the majority and say if PS3 doesn't get to $200 well before 2011 it will be curtains for Sony. They need to get the PS3 to $200 in 2009 at the absolute latest.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Frankly I'd sooner put that $200 towards an Xbox 3.

IMO, we'll see a slim $199 HDD included 360 for Holiday 2009, PS3 will be $299 at that time

@rock

I still wouldnt buy another console lol i dont need one But it would be for support

It makes sense but only as the next consoles from MS & Nintendo (probably sony as well) will be out so I doubt it will make a difference.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

There are other things necessary to cause a $199 price point to be important. If it were to reach $199 in 2010/2011 that's certainly too late in my opinion. What will the price of blu-ray stand-alones be by then? What will the price be for the 360 and wii by then? And, most importantly, Microsoft (and perhaps Nintendo) will have new consoles either on the market or imminently released by then.

I agree with other posters... Sony needs the PS3 to be $199 by holidays 2009 and they really should push to reach $299 by this holiday season.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.