By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can PS4 break a new sales record this November NPD?

Will PS4 sells over 2.04 million this November in USA?

Yes 184 61.95%

No 113 38.05%

Total:297

November NPD is going to be a huge month as always, in term of software, and expecially in term of hardware.

The Xbox one has started very bad this year, with sales down YOY and by far lower than PS4, though with the recent release of the Xbox one slim, is selling very great numbers, and has been the best selling console in USA and UK for 4 and 3 months consecutive. Is likely it will be up YOY this holidays as well thanks the usual Microsoft strategy for the holidays, with many bundles and deals.

PS4 sales is the opposite, with sales started really strong, but now down YOY. The release of the PS4 Slim almost did nothing, and was not enought to beat Xbox one the last two months. In any case, we all know this is due the release of the PS4 Pro, a console which so far looks way more hyped than the PS4 Slim. While the PS4 Slim is destiny to increase at one point, at least so far the hype for the PS4 Pro is really high and way stronger. In November 10 Sony will release the PS4 Pro, which will be tracked for 3 weeks this November NPD.

Will those 3 weeks be anought to break a sales record? For sales record, we talk about the best November NPD ever, the 2.04 million unit sold by the Wii in November NPD 2008.

At the time that numbers was even crazier than what looks right now, because while now sales are very equal in November and December, at the time December was a way bigger month than November.

In any case, do you think can PS4 sells so many numbers this November? PS4 has sold 1.54 million unit last year in november, it need to be up YOY by 33% for sells over 2.04 million. Was up YOY by 85% last year, compared to the 831,000 unit sold in November NPD 2014. (That month was a total XBOX domination thanks insane deals and partnerhip with Activision/Ubisoft for Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed).

Second biggest November ever for a home console? Xbox 360 in 2011 with almost 1.7 million, and 960k sold during Black Friday.

Around the Network

I'll go with 1.75 million. Gonna change this prediction probabily, depend what Blackfriday sales will be.

Absolutely no chance. I think it will sell slightly less than last year actually, around 1.4m.

X1 will be around 1.2 again

2.05 million!

PS4 Pro will sell like hot cakes and deals will be crazy around black friday.

I don't see that happening. I think the Pro will not be the success most people see.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
I don't see that happening. I think the Pro will not be the success most people see.

This. Its a system that is 100 dollars more than the regular PS4 that is after the hardcore. The hardcore isn't the majority that buy these consoles during the holidays. 

Sony should lower the price of the regular PS4 to see a boost.

VR + Pro + Slim + Black Friday?

I think there stands a decent chance of it, despite the typical detractors being typical.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

~2.2M

+1.5M slims and the rest is the Pro

History repeats itself, last year people underestimated PS4 because price cut on NDC bundle did not do much in October, then we saw what happened in Nov+Dec. Same thing for the Slim this year, which will murder everything for two almost two months. Joined by Pro overestimation this time around, which will have a strong launch (11-25 November) and be greatly overshadowed by Slim the rest of the year.

Vodacixi said:

Why do you say that? Does it seem unappealing?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Over 2 mil?! Noooo. But hopefully they'll ship enough Pros and get some aggressive deals in there. They'll be fine.