By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Cod IW up to #2 on amazon Japan. Breaking the pokemon strangle hold on #1/#2.

Will it happen on amazon US?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

The fact that this is happen in FREAKING Japan but not in USA, really show how damn the Pokémon brand is increased in America.

CGI-Quality said:
tbone51 said:

Well yeah the game will help obviously like watchdogs2/titanfall2/etc, i was talkin more about being a system seller (better than avg) like how destiny was back in 2014 for ex.

No, it won't be like Destiny, but that's also a moot point.

Next, Final Fantasy will have a larger impact on PS4 sales than either Titanfall 2 or WATCH_DOGS 2 (or any typical multipatform release). The LE system will see to that, and that's among other things.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Kerotan said:

The fact that this is happen in FREAKING Japan but not in USA, really show how damn the Pokémon brand is increased in America.

Or show's how the COD brand has increased in japan?!?!

SWORDF1SH said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Or show's how the COD brand has increased in japan?!?!

Using COMG, pre orders for Infinite Warfare are way lower than Black Ops III, while Nintendo showed a graph where Pokémon MS pre orders are BY FAR outselling XY... soooooooooooooo nah, Pokémon brand increased in USA.

Around the Network

According to Gamestop October games underperformed physically(i blame digital) so I'm changing my October game predictions.
BF1- 1.8M
Gears 4- 750k
Titanfall 2- 500K
Skyrim SE- 380k.

Battlefield probably did really fucking well and just like it had a small ass drop in the UK and Japan, it will have a small ass drop from whatever it may sell in October in the United States as well, especially considering October is becoming an increasingly terrible month for video game sales in the United States since everyone buys shit in November and December now. I think at least 1.5 million in first month and then at least a million in November and maybe December as well

jason1637 said:
According to Gamestop October games underperformed physically(i blame digital) so I'm changing my October game predictions.
BF1- 1.8M
Gears 4- 750k
Titanfall 2- 500K
Skyrim SE- 380k.

Titanfall 2 will lucky to sell 300k, which is x10 what it sold in UK.

Battlefield 1 can actually be higher than what i predicted. 1.8 million as well was my prediction, but while first week was lower than i thought, the second week was incredible higher than my expectations. Will be fun to see if can top the 2 million of Battlefield 3.

The others 2 looks right.

CGI-Quality said:
jason1637 said:

-pic

>>>> Typical <<<< Multiplatform. Release.

IW looks like a typical FPS multiplatform game.

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#10 PS4 Pro (down 1)
#32 PSVR Headset (down 1)
#40 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 5)
#41 N3DSXL Lime (down 6)
#42 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 3)
#46 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 6)
#57 X3DSXL SL Bundle (up 8)
#59 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 16)
#76 N3DSXL Galaxy (same)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#01 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#02 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#35 PSVR Robinson The Journey (up 2)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists.