By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

WebMasterFlex said:

I have the standard PS4 so as long as I see a PS4 doing great, it's good. But what you said I didn't know.

I've now watched dozens of vids of people suggesting a console purchase and ALL of them (in the last few weeks) have been about whether to buy a Pro, a Slim or keep your existing PS4. Other consoles are slowly getting marginalised in this conversation. Perhaps the Switch might change that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Whoa! The Pro and XB1 S BF bundle dropped a lot. Also what's up with PS4 slim shooting to the top of charts? Doesn't have the same deal as standard XB1 S bundles?

FIT_Gamer said:
Whoa! The Pro and XB1 S BF bundle dropped a lot. Also what's up with PS4 slim shooting to the top of charts? Doesn't have the same deal as standard XB1 S bundles?

Uncharted 4 and some other high profile games attached help driving consumers.

Check the deals here and best sellers, 3DS is killing Ps4 right now but still Ps4s is dominating the charts. 

FIT_Gamer said:

The PS4 slim was the highest selling bundle last month, even though Xbox came out ahead. I don't want to jinx it, but maybe it has some momentum.

Ps4@ 250 is what sony should have done day one for the slim

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
WebMasterFlex said:

You will calm down and do your job.

To talk seriously, whatever PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim is winning, it's both the same family.

Slowly but surely the conversation is changing on the internet and people aren't seeing it yet. The conversation is whether to buy a Pro or a Slim, and other consoles are being cut out of that conversation. fanboys are flapping about as if either a 'Slim' loss is terrible or a 'Pro' loss is terrible while Sony sit there watching a battle rage about what's the best way of giving Sony more money. It amazes me.

Or confirmation-bias is well in effect, that's probably the more likely scenario at play.

xl-klaudkil said:
Ps4@ 250 is what sony should have done day one for the slim

Yes but you see it gave less spotlight for the PS4 Pro.

RavenXtra said:

Or confirmation-bias is well in effect, that's probably the more likely scenario at play.

I'm not sure about that. Most of the ones I've watched so far actually favour either keeping the PS4 or buying a PS4 Slim. The point is other consoles are being cut out of the conversation and that will eventually have a long term affect.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
RavenXtra said:

I'm not sure about that. Most of the ones I've watched so far actually favour either keeping the PS4 or buying a PS4 Slim. The point is other consoles are being cut out of the conversation and that will eventually have a long term affect.

Well, "most" isn't "all" in any case, and when there are people like me who have not experienced this type of phenomenon through videos or casual conversation with people interested in games, then the reality probably lies somewhere between the two of our experiences.

I personally don't think Sony has accomplished much else than increasing the options for people who were already considering Sony, and more options are always nice.

RavenXtra said:

Well, "most" isn't "all" in any case, and when there are people like me who have not experienced this type of phenomenon through videos or casual conversation with people interested in games, then the reality probably lies somewhere between the two of our experiences.

I personally don't think Sony has accomplished much else than increasing the options for people who were already considering Sony, and more options are always nice.

They're continuing what they already had while adding second PS4 purchasers to the list. Suggesting they're only giving people an option who were already considering buying a PS4 is something of a stretch to say the least. In the internet world, that may be the case, but in the real world it aint.

The PS5 Exists.